Campsite Recommendation (1 Viewer)

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
As @Brewery Dave found out Nice doesn't really like motorhomes! We have had that confirmed by a French couple as well! Don't get me wrong there are campsites, we stayed in one near Vence, very nice little town and also Cagney sur Mer – an ACSI site just out side Nice (6Km) until the monsoon arrived.

If you are heading to Italy via Nice and just want to visit Nice for the day there is an alternative way and that is to go via Digne-Les-Bain (quite a big Aire there I think), via Entrevaux (ACSI site, rustic is an accurate description!)and Puget Thenier.

There is a Campsite here, called Camping Lou Gourdon that has the most immaculate showers and toilets I have ever seen in a campsite and I would recommend! The town is quite small but has enough bars, restaurants (3 course lunch for 14 Euros) etc. and access to the narrow gauge railway to Nice! Cost is about 11 Euros single and takes about 90 minutes.

Try and make sure you get on a panoramic train – the journey is spectacular. There is also some great cycling and day trips to be had from here.

The campsite is called Camping Lou Gordon http://www.campinglougourdan.fr/accueil/camping/ if there is a down side there is not too much shade as the tree surgeon went a bit nuts last Autumn!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back