Apr 25, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi,
I seem to remember reading that Switzerland use a different plug from the usual 2 pin European adaptor. Can anyone confirm this and tell me what I need? I'm planning on stopping in Switzerland for a few days on the way to Italy. First time in Italy too, do the campsites there use the 2 pin adaptor
Thanks
Paul

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
@SwissBob?

Though maybe the only difference is they are mounted close to the ground for the convenience of the gnomes.

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Italy uses two pin and standard 16amp sockets, though don't expect much power.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 9, 2016
L'Isle Jourdain, 86150 France
Funster No
MH
C Class I think
Exp
Just bought an Eriba FT 580
image.png
We use a bonkers 3 pin affair that no one else this side of china used and china don't use it either.

For EHU it's the same european CEE standard plug.

Edit: some EHU use the German 2 pin plug - campsites will have afapters for loan. For loan read rent. This is Switzerland.

Last edited:
Reactions: DBK

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
At Camping International in Luzern they loan out adaptors. A great place to park as well.

Italy, no problem. Their electricity is just sublime. It's left to ripen in the hot Italian sun then prepared to perfection by a method handed down by da Vinci himself.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Hi,
I seem to remember reading that Switzerland use a different plug from the usual 2 pin European adaptor.

Yep - confused me when I went there on a business trip a couple of weeks ago - weird 3 pin jobbie as above, that no one else on the planet seems to use. Even my hotel room only had Swiss sockets, I'm surprised they didn't have Euro sockets as well, some in London do. Hotel offered to sell me an adaptor but I declined! I even remembered to take my euro 2 pin adaptor, fat lot of good that was.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbe
I just went to a hardware shop near Interlarken and bought a two pin swiss plug and changed it for one of my euro adapter fly leads.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back