Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Theresa

Parc Verger, near to Limoges and run by Bob & Di (members of MHFun) is open all year. You can be sure of a warm welcome and the site is recommended.

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Theresa - just a quick follow-up to Brisey's post to say that MHFun members get a 10% discount on charges at Parc Verger:roflmto::roflmto: Even in February!

Bob and Di

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Camping near Clermont Ferrand

We stayed in a campsite at Chatel de Neuvre, south of Moulins and North of Clermont Ferrand about three years ago. You can reach it from the N7 or the N9. It is beside a river, a lovely spot.

We were a bit apprehensive when we first arrived as it seemed a bit of a dodgy place at the look of it. We stayed for a couple of nights on our way south and loved it so much that we stayed there on the way north for about 4 nights. Very basic but a lovely place. This was late November, supposedly all year round.
Link Removed / e-mail campingdeneuvre@wanadoo.fr / 00 33 470420451
It's run by Germans and they speak excellent english. We only stayed in our land Rover with a roof tent at that time, if you are interested and give them a call, mention the size of your motorhome, not sure if you have an RV???

Nigel and Pamala

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Ron & Marj

Theresa, I have written on this subject before, hope I'm not being a bore. You will find it difficult to find campsites that time of the year in the areas mentioned. One campsite we use in May is at Moulins, a very good Municipal site adjacent to the bridge that takes the N7,just for future ref.
The route down via Orleans to Clermont F and then on the A75 to Narbonne is very likely to have temperatures in the minus quantities. If you check the height above sea level is higher than 'Ben Nevis' at 1127 metres high so one would always expect frost and snow.
If you are making for Spain far better you take the lower road, ie Le havre, Cean, Nantes, Marans, N137 to Bordeaux and than onto Spain. No tolls involved and a fast route and at sea level-- warmer and more stopovers. If you are making for Zarragoza route is Pamplona, for Valencia area route to Terual and onto the ring road at Valencia. Good cheaper and fast route throughout. I have mentioned Marans, this is about as far as my fuel lasts so we stop at Super U for cheap fuel and small provisions from the Supermarket, also I'm sure there are good O/N stopovers, Cheers good luck, Ron W

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
thanks for that. we have taken this route 3 times usally in nov and once in jan and the roads have been o,k last time we went vierzon to clermont ferrand but this time we are hopeing to go vierzon then limoges way . hopeing to stop near limoges for a night.:roflmto:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
For campsites open all year - look for the black spot in the middle of the red 'balloons, <here>

If you find one you like give us a call on 07967 806064 and we will interpret the info.

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
thanks for that will get the other half to have a look and give you a phone. what nice people you are .we need one thats not far off the A20 near limoges or near the E11 clermont fd road. :thumb:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Teresa

In that case I really do think your best bet is Bob and Di Banks at Parc Verger.

The only problem with Bob and Di is that everybody I have spoken to have rated them so highly that they have extended their stay from one or two days to one or two weeks!

Email me on moandick@gmail.com and I will return the relevant page from our Guide.

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
yes we have looked at that one on the webb and i think thats the one we will try for. thanks for all your help, :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back