sostas

Free Member
Nov 16, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Hi,
We are heading south soon - a wander thro' France into Spain. Does anyone know of a simple, inexpensive campsite near Séte or Adge. I know that wild camping is possible in this area but knowing of a campsite could be useful.
Thanks Sostas. :Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi I would check here Link Removed
I don't know when you are hoping to go but from our experience the summer months when the kids are off its really really busy and difficult to find space.
A lovely area though with some nice beaches.
However simple and inexpensive hmm good luck:thumb:

dazzaandjay

Free Member
Mar 14, 2009
Sahorre, South France
Funster No
MH
Hymer b754
Exp
when are you heading off

hi
when are you heading off? we live near perpignan not that from sete, couple of hours, we have just bought our first new camper and head back home from uk on wednesday touring through france for a week on the way (all going well), once we are back we will be looking for places to get out to, and sete and cape d'agde etc are places I have been to in the car and enjoyed so will be first on our list, if its not for a month or so you are going we can have a tour around and get back to you. we will be keeping a diary and pics of sites we visit.

D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

sostas

Free Member
Nov 16, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Thank you for the replies. We are off quite soon so we will have a look while we are there. I have found a couple of aires in Agde.
Regards Sostas:Smile:

D

david1234

Deleted User
Thank you for the replies. We are off quite soon so we will have a look while we are there. I have found a couple of aires in Agde.
Regards Sostas:Smile:

you can park up on the beach between agde and sete along the side of the road, we will be there by monday fingers crossed bit noisey though:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi,
We are heading south soon - a wander thro' France into Spain. Does anyone know of a simple, inexpensive campsite near Séte or Adge. I know that wild camping is possible in this area but knowing of a campsite could be useful.

Hi

A couple of aires to consider near Narbourne

Google Map

some aires and wild camping Spain

Google Map Spain

hth

Jim

D

david1234

Deleted User
Hi,

im going sunday should be there monday look out for a left hand drive swift sundance 630l it must be the only one i know of thats lhd there are some realy good aires down there.:thumb:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We have just returned from The South of France and stayed at Sete for 5 nights on the Aire. This was at the end of the beach towards Sete town on the edge of the newly constructed car parks. The wine delivery comes round about 6pm and it was a little noisy with the railway but worth it. Keep away from the Aire in Sete as this is really the pits unless you are desperate as we were the first night at 10pm.
We spent a total of 32 nights on Aires along the south coast and they were all clean and had a very friendly atmosphere. We even found some with free electric and others had a free bus service into town every 30 minutes.
It all makes the UK system of sites a big big joke.
Wiljoy:thumb:

D

david1234

Deleted User
We used these,great.:thumb::thumb:

picture number 3, sete to adge road only thing i found was late at night or early mornning cars would blast past and the wind would sway the MH:Eeek: but hay its free.

Last edited by a moderator:

penny

Free Member
Aug 18, 2009
chesterfield
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
Agde

Hi we stayed on an asci site in marselleian plage, it was 10 euro a night and was called beauregard sud [ not to be mistaken for beauregard est which although it had an asci sticker did not accept asci bookings] The pitch we had was behind the dunes by the beach access and very near the sea. I think for the ten euro the quiet of the site at night was a bargain, we have parked by the road on marselleian plage and it is very busy and noisy which is why most campers leave in the evening.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back