Campsite in Costa del sol (1 Viewer)

Oct 9, 2017
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20 yrs on and off
We are off mid March to stay around Marbella/Malaga area for three weeks. Not visited with MH before and hoped some of you more experienced Spanish travellers may have some Campsites you could recommend, preferably coastal and in proximity to a town or village.
Many Thanks

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Be aware Easter is the back end of March and so coastal sites will more expensive and very busy.
If you hit it after the hols it may be better.

We once stayed at http://www.campingtorremolinos.com/

Ideal for trips into Malaga and the cheap train that runs up and down the coast to visit other towns. Bus stop right outside and the train stop is less than a 10 min walk.

OP
OP
Pontyboy
Oct 9, 2017
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20 yrs on and off
We planning a few stop offs on way down from Bilbao so hope to miss bank holiday.
Will have a look at the web site. Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Camping Cabopino situated just of the main road between Marbella and La Cala. Excellent location within walking distance to shops, restaurants and beach. Bus 5 minutes away to Marbella or Fuengirola. excellent pitches. Can get busy at holiday times.

Have stayed several times and it suits our needs.

Trevor

OP
OP
Pontyboy
Oct 9, 2017
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Thank you Trevor.

We have picked that site as a possibility, good to hear from someone who knows it.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
We planning a few stop offs on way down from Bilbao so hope to miss bank holiday.
Will have a look at the web site. Thanks

In most places Easter actually starts with Dolores de Viernes , Friday of Sorrows ,which is the preceeding Friday , this year being the 23rdMarch.

Here where I live in Lorca the high street, reputedly the longest in Spain, will be closed to traffic from the 16thMarch for street furniture to be removed & seating installed for the parades starting as from 23rd. The whole of easter week there are parades on each day ,morning & evening.
It will be the same in most towns & villages all over Spain with Malaga being the same & in many peoples eyes the number one Semana Santa procession to see.
Additionally the sites will fill up as those partaking will normally be off the complete 2 weeks from the weekend of 16th March.

Don't inadvertently enter a village , as I did some 30+ years ago , during easter processions.:(:oops::oops::blush::blush:especially in a motorhome,:blusher::blusher::giggler::blush:

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
There is a campsite in Calahonda (just past Fuegirola 5km)
There is a new aire just East of Malaga.
Camping Cabopino is in the ACSI book.
Phil

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Hi @Pontyboy
I have recently been doing our own planning as we are off that way for our 1st trip on the 22nd Jan.
I have found
www.searchforsites.co.uk to be excellent as it shows the majority of the aires and regular sites in a given area. I use it in conjuction with a current ACSI book just to look in more depth at the site facilities.

Very best regards and safe travels
Nik.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Camping la Bella Vista is on the beach, but a bit further west, past Estepona. I haven't stayed there, but I believe MotorhomeFun held a successful rally there a couople of years ago.

http://www.campinglabellavista.com/

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Camping la Bella Vista is on the beach, but a bit further west, past Estepona. I haven't stayed there, but I believe MotorhomeFun held a successful rally there a couople of years ago.

Great site.. Correct we did the rally there in March 2014. HAD A BALL !!!!!!! :)
Some of which is still sworn to secrecy...(y)

Not cheap now and popular so can get full.

Deleted User
Currently on Cabopino site - good facilites and friendly staff although this time of year we would prefer not to have a pitch without so much shade.. our fault booked at last minute!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Lovely site,,lovely fishing village with good restaurants next door,,A touch expensive at 30 euros a night,,BUSBY,,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back