Campsite for 4yr & 2yr old with entertainment New Forest Area & Norfolk (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
we are taking our two grandchildren away for 2 separate weeks during the school holidays. We usually stay on basic sites with little more than a water point but thought for a change we might stay on a site with a swimming pool and some entertainment for one of the weeks. I tried to get into "Sandy Balls" in the New Forest but they are completely booked for August so am looking for something similar around that area or alternatively in the Norfolk area.
I know I can google & look through uk campsites etc... but just wondered if anyone had personal recommendations they could make?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
we are taking our two grandchildren away for 2 separate weeks during the school holidays. We usually stay on basic sites with little more than a water point but thought for a change we might stay on a site with a swimming pool and some entertainment for one of the weeks. I tried to get into "Sandy Balls" in the New Forest but they are completely booked for August so am looking for something similar around that area or alternatively in the Norfolk area.
I know I can google & look through uk campsites etc... but just wondered if anyone had personal recommendations they could make?
Well as you will see in my other thread we are at haven caister, can't fault it , everything kids could want, cheap now but school holidays:Eeek:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
If you're mega rich sandy balls in new forest, and kelling Heath for Norfolk. Other sites are available, haha.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
A couple for Norfolk for you to consider.
Caravan Club site at Cromer. They don't have kids entertainment but do have an on site pool and bar/restaurant which has entertainment on in peak season, plus is walking distance to beach and town and easy access with a pram.
Next is Searles at Hunstanton - not been myself and some on here walking talking about a boycott the other year due to not allowing a sole traveller on, but that aside, it's large, near town, near the beach and has things going on to entertain kids.
Can't help with New Forest as only travelled through and not stopped.
Let us know where you end up staying.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

4maddogs

Free Member
Nov 16, 2010
North Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profilke
Exp
6 months
Kelling is expensive, but loads of activities. Also Woodhill Park at East Runton is near the beach, Cromer (with a zoo) and all sorts of kiddy delights.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Searles is ok. We took our daughter there when she was young and she enjoyed it.

We also went to one in Great Yarmouth which was ok too, but I cant remember what it was called. I will have a look in a minute.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
just had a quick look - £335 for 5 nights :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
£67 per night - sounds about right for August.
It's the reason we always go abroad - Can't bring myself to pay those prices with no guarantee of sunshine.
Another problem you may encounter is the minimum seven night rule.
Try booking for seven nights and you might have more success...I just found this at sandyballs for example

Untitled.jpg

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Manor park is also next door to searles with similar facilities.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Have you thought of jumping on the ferry and going to Holland?
There's plenty of sites and a few aires to choose from.
If you're looking at August and it's £300+ for 5 nights, maybe a 5 day return Dover/Calais would be similar price.

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Have you thought of jumping on the ferry and going to Holland?

First time we've been allowed to take grandchildren away for longer than a couple of days so think we may need to keep in the UK!!!!!!

Searles looks very good - we called in at Hunstanton a couple of years ago on the way to the Norfolk Motorhome show and it looked a good old fashioned resort. Their prices are reasonable too and they do a 4 night stay which most of the others don't do in August so will probably go for that one for one of the weeks.

The other one is Longthornes Farm next to Monkeyworld in Dorset - might go for a couple of nights and stay somewhere else on the way home.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
You can catch the land train from searles for a trip with the kids along the cliff top. There is the deer park at snettisham for them, or crabbing off of the harbour wall at wells followed by fish and chips. Just a couple of ideas.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Stop at ours for a night. We can keep the kids busy stripping lead paint from the walls!

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Not usually any on site swimming pools, but have you thought of taking them to a CNC or C&CC rally or temporary holiday site? usually lots for the children to do and adults are kept entertained too. Bonus inexpensive, negatives not usually toilets/showers or washer, which may well be an essential with young children. We found a garden trug excellent as a bath for ours when they were little.

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Not usually any on site swimming pools, but have you thought of taking them to a CNC or C&CC rally or temporary holiday site? usually lots for the children to do and adults are kept entertained too. Bonus inexpensive, negatives not usually toilets/showers or washer, which may well be an essential with young children. We found a garden trug excellent as a bath for ours when they were little.

we are going to the MHF rally at Thetford - looking forwards to that. Just wanted something like kids disco etc.. as a change. Not normally a thing we would contemplate!

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Thanks for all the replies - have just booked for one week on the Searle site in Hunstanton. Bit pricey @ £210 but think it will be worth it. Just got to hope for good weather now........

Still looking for a site near New Forest!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back