Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I just spent an average of £20 a night to stay in this country so for 10 nights it cost the same as A return tunnel fair. I spent all of June and July 8 weeks in France and Germany and I spent a total of £210 on sites and aires. Add to that the cost of the crossing and I'm afraid this country loses out badly.
I spend an average of £10 a night to stay in this country, plus I don't have to travel 600 miles in a mad frantic dash to get to a tunnel under the channel, and back. If you add to that the price of the crossing, and the fuel, then I'm afraid that Le Continent just loses out badly.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I spend an average of £10 a night to stay in this country, plus I don't have to travel 600 miles in a mad frantic dash to get to a tunnel under the channel, and back. If you add to that the price of the crossing, and the fuel, then I'm afraid that Le Continent just loses out badly.

I don't know why you presume its a mad frantic dash to get to the tunnel. For us its a leisurely 200 miles broken up by an overnight stay half way with relatives. On your £10 average per night , our two months stay(60 nights) on "Le Continent" would cost £600 plus fuel as opposed to our total of £210 plus fuel.

If what you do works for you that's your choice. What do works for us

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I don't know why you presume its a mad frantic dash to get to the tunnel. For us its a leisurely 200 miles broken up by an overnight stay half way with relatives. On your £10 average per night , our two months stay(60 nights) on "Le Continent" would cost £600 plus fuel as opposed to our total of £210 plus fuel.

If what you do works for you that's your choice. What do works for us
Feel whatever you like. :cheers:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
And what does it cost to get over / under that stretch of water that is conveniently between us ?

Dave

Dover-Dunkirk £32 last Thursday night if booked on Tuesday charge for dog to leave. . Tunnel £97 +£17 for the dog??
Doesn't just happen on campsites, our neighbour blocks her and our wheelly bins with her car and I couldn't figure out how she always managed to get her bin out without moving her car. Then one afternoon I caught her taking the chain across our front garden down and wheeling her bin across our flower bed, I was so flabbergasted she had gone inside before I could say anything. She couldn't see what she was doing wrong, when I knocked on her door to ask her to move her car she just told me to do what she did and wheel it across the garden.
That's why there's no hope with large amounts of morons about.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I would imagine the reason is, as already put forward, is 'Health & Safety', also have you tried cleaning the bathroom when someone wants to use it?
The last time we stayed at a c&cc site, the closed both sets of loos while one cleaner went into the mens and another into the females. It took them about 45 mins to clean them and there were several peeps waiting with crossed legs outside while they worked. The warden struggled with my suggestion that they closed one set of loos at a time and both cleaners worked on the closed set, so reducing the time that the loos were out of action. It seems like muppets are running many sites :)

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Can you let me know how to get a non male variant human to use the toilet block. Aqua chem sales will plummet and I will get balanced shoulders if this can be achieved.

Dan Dan the lavatory man alias Clive (carrier of cassettes)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
A less violent alternative to my earlier machine gun pit solution:

The portable privet hedge.

portahedge_6.jpg

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Can you let me know how to get a non male variant human to use the toilet block. Aqua chem sales will plummet and I will get balanced shoulders if this can be achieved.

Maybe if you'll let me use your loo after a heavy night I'll be able to encourage her to use the loo block - but I'm not sure for how long...

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid

tell her you ran out of chemicals so she will have to smell what she and you had for dinner yesterday etc between cassette emptying

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Was on a site the other day that had a prominent notice saying "all pitches to be vacated by 12 noon" They then closed the toilets for cleaning from 11:00 am. Thought it would have made more sense to close the toilets from noon too as most folks would have left by then and it would free up staff to deal with departures in the run up to 12 o'clock (n)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back