Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Go to France instead, much more fun and a darn site cheaper, cleaner, better food, friendlier people, better weather, much cheaper fuel, better roads by far, even the round abouts look brilliant, who wants to holiday in rip off Britain.
That will set the cat amongst the pigeons.

Unknown person.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Don't stay on campsites. Won't happen then.

Another item on the list of reasons to avoid them. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
Yes, we've had that problem with people stomping across our pitch in the past. No manners.
Another annoying wee thing are wind chimes. We had a couple on the pitch next to us the other week with two sets, one of which was of the bamboo variety, click clacking 24/7. They cleared off for the day and we were left to listen to this din. A force six blowing at the time too!

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
It is all the fault of the liver lillied liberals who did away with discipline and manners. Remember for most of these people we are invisible, no one else exhists in their world. It will be no good muttering and scowling as they trapse across your "pitch", they are unable to hear you because unless they have their ears plugged into their iphone/ipod etc they cannot exist.

I use French municipal sites - preferably the smaller ones, excellent service and with the odd exception they still have manners and respect family values. All generations eat together and one scoul from maman and the teenager shrinks into shell and is scared to venture out. The other bonus out of July/August is that most of the site users share my silver blonde hair colouring - funny, I was blonde until about 11 (years not this morning) suddenly brown and now I appear to have gone blonde again. Better stop, beginning to dribble and nurse will be along with my chateau de plonk in a minute.

Clive

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Don't have to be on a camp site for that to happen the neighbours do it here. Not uncommon to see an "old bird (about 94)" from the next village trundle through our garden to come visit one of the other neighbours. We have a larger than average garden open plan (can't be arsed putting up fences) with a wood at the bottom and about 4000sq metres of lawn, off she bobs, a little wave if she sees us, probably done the same since god was a boy. Can't say it really bothers us, she does no harm and would somehow seem a little "petty" to ask her to go round and add another 700 metres to her walk of maybe 3 kilometres

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Had something similar happen to us while in Italy, guy from a few pitches away (Italian) came walking around by our pitch talking his JIBBA JABBA CACKLE on his mobile phone - WTF go an fkin talk round by your van - inconsiderate Git, obviously don't want his family to hear what hes talking about so why the hell would anyone else want to !

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
The ones that 'shortcut' through an occupied pitch seem to be 'newcomers' and yes they usually are Caravanners! They are usually the ones that haven't a clue where the second loo block is when we are cleaning the first one, they always want to use the loos when they are shut for cleaning and they're always worried about how far away the second loo block is!
I have noticed that when we close the facilities to clean the Brits seem to think they have a right to use them regardless whereas the Dutch/Germans etc are quite happy to go to the second block and they know where it is!
The ones that really annoy me are the mums with toddlers, the poor kid is absolutely desperate and mum hasn't bothered to find out when the loos are closed nor where the other loos are!
Sorry I seem to have had a rant! And gone off subject!

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Go to France instead, much more fun and a darn site cheaper,

And what does it cost to get over / under that stretch of water that is conveniently between us ?

Dave

Deleted User
The ones that 'shortcut' through an occupied pitch seem to be 'newcomers' and yes they usually are Caravanners! They are usually the ones that haven't a clue where the second loo block is when we are cleaning the first one, they always want to use the loos when they are shut for cleaning and they're always worried about how far away the second loo block is!
I have noticed that when we close the facilities to clean the Brits seem to think they have a right to use them regardless whereas the Dutch/Germans etc are quite happy to go to the second block and they know where it is!
The ones that really annoy me are the mums with toddlers, the poor kid is absolutely desperate and mum hasn't bothered to find out when the loos are closed nor where the other loos are!
Sorry I seem to have had a rant! And gone off subject!

We spend most of our time at present on Continental sites(9months p.a) and have never been on a site that closed the toilet blocks for cleaning.

Why is it felt necessary to do this on UK sites?

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
And what does it cost to get over / under that stretch of water that is conveniently between us ?

Dave

I just spent an average of £20 a night to stay in this country so for 10 nights it cost the same as A return tunnel fair. I spent all of June and July 8 weeks in France and Germany and I spent a total of £210 on sites and aires. Add to that the cost of the crossing and I'm afraid this country loses out badly.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We spend most of our time at present on Continental sites(9months p.a) and have never been on a site that closed the toilet blocks for cleaning.

Took the words right out of my mouth before I had chance to get to the bottom, usually young ladies mopping around you while at the urinal

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
Why not open your door, invite them in for cooked breakfast and a jolly ole cup of tea.

Mmmm maybe not, they may say yes...

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!

It only happens on the major clubs sites-why when it could be done when the majority of people are off site.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Follow them back to their pitch, return to yours and collect a chair.
Postion said chair on their pitch and proceed to read the newspaper.

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
Doesn't just happen on campsites, our neighbour blocks her and our wheelly bins with her car and I couldn't figure out how she always managed to get her bin out without moving her car. Then one afternoon I caught her taking the chain across our front garden down and wheeling her bin across our flower bed, I was so flabbergasted she had gone inside before I could say anything. She couldn't see what she was doing wrong, when I knocked on her door to ask her to move her car she just told me to do what she did and wheel it across the garden.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time

I would imagine the reason is, as already put forward, is 'Health & Safety', also have you tried cleaning the bathroom when someone wants to use it?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes, we've had that problem with people stomping across our pitch in the past. No manners.
Another annoying wee thing are wind chimes. We had a couple on the pitch next to us the other week with two sets, one of which was of the bamboo variety, click clacking 24/7. They cleared off for the day and we were left to listen to this din. A force six blowing at the time too!
... should've told them that the force six gale blew it off ... even if it didn't! :rolleyes:

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day

France and the loos are being cleaned on service areas, they only clean one set at a time ie Ladies or Gents. When they clean the Gents all the Gents use the Ladies and visa a versa , young ladies mopping floors behind me whilst I point Percy at the porcelain, men cleaning both ladies and gents toilets .... IT'S NORMAL here. Contrary to what "we brits" may imagine .... NO-ONE care how big/small your willy is (maybe the wife) .... NO-ONE is scared that a female cleaning a gents toilet may "CORRUPT" either one, or cause the poor chappie to be unable to "do his thing" cos there is a female in the room. When first I can to France, I was SHOCKED .... then forced to re-evaluate my views and I came to the conclusion (valid for me only) that where is the problem. Is it cultural ??? is it that we are forever on the lookout for "peados"????
Yorkshire - British and proud .... BUT HELL .... we are a funny lot don't you think ???

Deleted User
I would imagine the reason is, as already put forward, is 'Health & Safety', also have you tried cleaning the bathroom when someone wants to use it?

Usually more than one loo available, the system works quite well in all the other countries that I visit. The question remains why in the UK?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back