Campsite Advice/Information wanted (1 Viewer)

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Can anyone advise of an all year site close to Poole, Dorset that can accomodate an RV? This will be a long term booking

The site should have hard standing, electric & a ground level dump facility

Any advice welcome:thumb:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
How long term and how close to Poole do you want to be?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Can anyone advise of an all year site close to Poole, Dorset that can accomodate an RV? This will be a long term booking

Two sites, I haven't used personally, come recommended from other RVers ..

On my Google Map here http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=207590977793691629247.00045c1ab0c50bf957c9d&msa=0&ll=50.737324,-1.914368&spn=0.441515,1.329346

and links to sites

http://www.warehamforest.co.uk/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
joncris

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
How long term and how close to Poole do you want to be?

The BH is moving to a new firm with 4 offices in & around Poole so the period is indefinate & an easy commute will be ideal

We don't want to sell our existing home & relocate

Won't be there at weekends

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp

how big is your RV ?? if it is over 36 feet you will struggle to find a site

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Ok here goes

Rockley Sands is about a miles out of Poole Town Centre.
+ Great views of the harbour with all facilities.
- can be busy and noisy
Never stayed on site but have driven round a few times and know people who have stayed

Beacon Hill is about three miles out of Poole
+ easy access to A35 and A350
- limited pitches that will take your size rv but the owners will give advise. This is a seasonal site
This site is only 4 miles from our home we have stayed many times as it feels like you are miles from home but easy commute via duel carriage way to get home to do any housekeeping.

South Lytchett Manor is about 4 miles from Poole
+ nice location
- open until 22/12 then reopens 1/3

There are three sites in organford 6 miles from Poole I will let you have details if your interested

The ones listed by Scotjimland are in Wareham, the Wareham forest site is about 11 miles from Poole but believe me someone who does this commute everyday usually takes 45 minutes and on Fridays can take over an a hour

The luck ford site is 15 miles and we would not advise staying on this site

There are loads more in and around Wareham if you decide to commute that far let me know and I will send details of others, there is a railway station in Wareham that only takes 10 minutes to get to Poole but only two trains per hour.

If the location of new offices are north Poole I would recommend Merley Touring Park

Really it all depends where in Poole the offices are if East or South you may be advised choosing a Bournemouth, Christchurch or Studland, west of Poole go for the Lytchett or Wareham options, and North the Wimborne sites.

If you want any more info just pm us and we will try and help

Mike and Andrea

Last edited:

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Here you are, try this, not too far from Poole. We stayed here this year for 2 weeks . We have a 35.7' RV and Ruth and Tony's RV is 38'. Beautiful straight pitches, city water, drains, very, very nice people. and if you like rabbits well...........

http://www.birchwoodtouristpark.co.uk/

Hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Here you are, try this, not too far from Poole. We stayed here this year for 2 weeks . We have a 35.7' RV and Ruth and Tony's RV is 38'. Beautiful straight pitches, city water, drains, very, very nice people. and if you like rabbits well...........

Hope this helps

Birchwood is again in Wareham, Great site but the commute to Poole is the same as that from Poole to Wareham nightmare, that said tonight was the exception and it only took me 28 minutes from work to home a record!

OP
OP
joncris

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp

Hope this helps

Visited above site today Looks great & ideal for our needs. Also noted quite a few RV & Vans still on site so looks like there'll be plenty of company:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back