Campscout Sizing Help (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
We take delivery of a new Campscout Revolution very soon and I am hoping that somebody could do me a favour and measure the space under the bed in its lowest potation?
Would somebody be able to give me the height, length and width of the storage space please.

Thanks for your help.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@jezport has one so may be able to advise.

What colour did you go for and where from? :)

Oh, and welcome to the fun house! :D

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
I rather fancied the orange but my wife and kids said they would be seen in it so had to go for the metallic light grey, I cant remember the correct name.
I bought it form SMC, lets hope I have a better time with them than you.
Unfortunately as I live south of Cambridge I didn't have to many realistic choices of who to buy form. I did contact another dealer and even trying to get a price from them proved impossible!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I rather fancied the orange but my wife and kids said they would be seen in it so had to go for the metallic light grey, I cant remember the correct name.
I bought it form SMC, lets hope I have a better time with them than you.
Unfortunately as I live south of Cambridge I didn't have to many realistic choices of who to buy form. I did contact another dealer and even trying to get a price from them proved impossible!
Wimp! :LOL: We're going 260 miles down to the South coast for ours! :D

We love the orange too but as we wild camp we didn't think it would be good standing out like a sore thumb although I love the red colour and might have been persuaded to get one in that colour if there had been one available at the time! :D Our current FamilyScout L is white gold and our new Campscout is the baby-blue colour (Lago Azurro Metallic), is your's Aluminium Grey Metallic by any chance?

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
I worked on the principle that the nearest dealer was SMC and that I travel past there quite frequently for work so if I need to take it in for anything I can and it is easy for me to pop in and chase them in person without going a few hundred miles out of my way.
Hopefully will never need to!

I cant remember the correct name for the colour, it was 7 months ago we ordered it. Its metallic grey, not the silver and not the very dark grey. I will find the order and check!
As the delivery is later than expected I will be taking it to Vanbitz a couple of days after getting it for a Strikeback & Growler along with twin reversing cameras and then straight out to Holland to have a bike rack fitted very quickly followed by getting a couple of Gaslow bottles with and external filler and two BBQ points installed.
very quickly after that it off to the Dordogne for a week with the family.
I am pretty certain I will also be increasing the pay load straight away.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
See if SMC can register it as PHG rather than PLG as there's no reason they shouldn't be able to straight away AFAIK and it will save you time and money, our dealer has sent our personal number plate off with the first registration docs and a request for the higher weight already so we're just waiting on the DVLA to see what they've given us!

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
That’s a good shout.
What are the drawbacks of increasing the payload, if any.
I was going to weigh the av. once I had it before making any desicions.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Drawbacks aren't that bad - your breakdown recovery will likely go into the 'commercial' class so no payments for hotel stays or hire cars if you need them but they'll usually still cover you for everything else, slightly lower speed limits abroad (the UK is based on your unladen weight NOT max weight) and possibility of not being able to go down some road marked 3.5 tonne maximum if you choose to abide by it but it is highly unlikely anyone would be able to tell you are registered at a higher weight than any other van!

I suspect you'll need to uprate it regardless as being the extra high top version you'll only have a stated 455kg to start with (assuming it's as much as that in reality!), that's before you add all you bits and bobs, fill your water tank etc, so will probably not have enough left to make it usable however you can go up to 4250kg without modification, just a paper exercise if it's not done at first registration.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We take delivery of a new Campscout Revolution very soon and I am hoping that somebody could do me a favour and measure the space under the bed in its lowest potation?
Would somebody be able to give me the height, length and width of the storage space please.

Thanks for your help.
Will try tomorrow.
Do you want the measurements under the main electric bed without the extra rear bed under it?

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Drawbacks aren't that bad - your breakdown recovery will likely go into the 'commercial' class so no payments for hotel stays or hire cars if you need them but they'll usually still cover you for everything else, slightly lower speed limits abroad (the UK is based on your unladen weight NOT max weight) and possibility of not being able to go down some road marked 3.5 tonne maximum if you choose to abide by it but it is highly unlikely anyone would be able to tell you are registered at a higher weight than any other van!

I suspect you'll need to uprate it regardless as being the extra high top version you'll only have a stated 455kg to start with (assuming it's as much as that in reality!), that's before you add all you bits and bobs, fill your water tank etc, so will probably not have enough left to make it usable however you can go up to 4250kg without modification, just a paper exercise if it's not done at first registration.
You can go to 4500kg without modification

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
If you could give the measurements under the extra bed it would be great.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
1ten

70cm high
110cm wide
150/160 cm long (There is a small raised bit at the front of the floor
These sizes are on a x250 Revolution
I don't think they have made any changes to the cupboard sizes in the newer vans

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
SMC wont register the vehicle from new at the upper weight:mad:
Looks like I will be talking to SV Tech.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Much cheaper way to do it than SVTech ... see the below threads for details:

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...lves-without-going-through-svtech-etc.148023/

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...ating-our-rapido-a-class.130317/#post-1855328

Background to it here:

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...one-done-it-themselves-not-via-svtech.108656/

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I'm waiting on my dealer to let me know whether DVLA have registered it at the higher rate or if I'll have to do it later ... might be worth you waiting and see what I get just in case they manage it then you can 'hit' SMC with it!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

I'm waiting on my dealer to let me know whether DVLA have registered it at the higher rate or if I'll have to do it later ... might be worth you waiting and see what I get just in case they manage it then you can 'hit' SMC with it!

Good news ... our camper has literally just popped up on the DVLA site and it has been registered at 4250kg! :Grin:

So ... you might want to go back to SMC and tell them it can be registered at 4250kg.(y) As our dealer's been able to do it there is no reason at all why SMC can't seeing as they are the main importer of them for all UK dealers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back