Campscout reversing camera (1 Viewer)

Jun 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30+ years
I'm looking to fit a couple of rear veiw cameras to our recently aquired 2013 Campscout. I read on here that there could be a pre installed cable for this purpose. Ive searched under the dashboard with no success and found a cable behind the high level brake light, which is pictured.
Can anyone confirm that there should be a cable pre installed, and if so, is it the one pictured? I was expecting a 3 core coax cable with maybe phono plugs on the end, but anything will do if it prevents the ball ache of running a cable the length of the van.

Attachments

• 20210805_142451.jpg
    20210805_142451.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 13

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Ciren! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
Since 2019
I've found both ends of the pre-installed cable but can't find an adaptor that matches the connectors on them - frustrating! Has anybody found anything?

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
I've found both ends of the pre-installed cable but can't find an adaptor that matches the connectors on them - frustrating! Has anybody found anything?
I made a half hearted effort but decided to go with an old sat nav and camera that I already had. If you find something, please share! Good luck.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp

Hi David, the pre-installed wires don't seem to fit any adapter known to man so if you do wish to utilise the fitted wire in your Globecar then you'll first need to get a vehicle electrical guy to fit the relevant connectors which match your chosen CCTV unit.

The electrical guy will run a signal through each wire (they'll be 6 or 8 in total) to determine which is which before connecting the adapters.

Most vehicle electricians will sort it out fairly sharpish.

All the best,

Andrew

P.S. The alternative is to run your own cable under the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back