Campscout 2017, reversing camera pre wiring (1 Viewer)

Timmo B

Free Member
Nov 4, 2017
Funster No
Hi All,

I have a 2017 campscout and want to fit a reversing camera in the 3rd brake light position above the door. I bought a camera / brake light combined unit, but when I went to fit it, is has a different power connector to the brake light than the one that came with the van.

I also found some prewiring which says camera on it, any ideas where that goes to, there nothing behind my Head Unit?

Heres a photo of the prewiring :

IMG_7104.jpg

here is a picture of the current brake light power connector

IMG_7106.jpg

and here is a 3rd connector any ideas what this is?

IMG_7107.jpg

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Hi All,

I have a 2017 campscout and want to fit a reversing camera in the 3rd brake light position above the door. I bought a camera / brake light combined unit, but when I went to fit it, is has a different power connector to the brake light than the one that came with the van.

I also found some prewiring which says camera on it, any ideas where that goes to, there nothing behind my Head Unit?

Heres a photo of the prewiring :

IMG_7104.jpg

here is a picture of the current brake light power connector

IMG_7106.jpg

and here is a 3rd connector any ideas what this is?

IMG_7107.jpg

Hi all,

I see that this posting didn't get any replies last year. We now have our new Campscout (2018) and we also have a power and camera s-video cable behind the high 3rd brake light. I have had our radio off but cannot find the other end of the video cable.

Any ideas where I should look for the camera cable in the dash ?

Thanks

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm interested in this too as hubby is just about to install the camera and monitor on our Campscout! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
it is coiled in behind a trim panel in the LHS of the passenger side footwell IIRC ;)

Found it!
It was not even behind a panel... just coiled and hanging.

So now to source a brake light camera. Any suggestions for a good model or supplier?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back