CAMpRA survey regarding National Trust Overnights (1 Viewer)

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Available on their website. (I couldn't find it posted anywhere on here yet)

It's under latest news atm. It's asking question like would you more be likely to join NT or (or English Heritage) if overnight stays were allowed, and how much do you currently or would you be likely to spend on site, and how much would you expect to pay with and without service facilities and so on. Seems like a good way to get your views heard. CAMpRA are working with NT to provide them with data about what people want from overnight parking at NT sites.

(For anyone who isn't familiar, CAMpRA are working towards making continental "Aire" style stopovers more available in the UK. They are for self-sufficient motorhomes only. It's not camping, it's staying overnight in a car park for free or a small charge, close to where you want to go and spend money for entertainment. Strictly speaking, there should be nothing but your wheels on the ground, although in practice they are often a bit more relaxed)

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Done, but would have to think long and hard about rejoining the NT. We cancelled our membership we held for 30 years due to the political opinions and pressure of the current administration. I read changes are afoot but would take a lot of convincing to rejoin.

OP
OP
Wellington

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Can I still sign If I'm not a faceache member?
Yes, it just a website (with a forum, I believe). I know they have a Facebook group as well, but the link is to their website. I double checked, as I know not everyone is on Facebook.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The survey is at the link above just took me to the home page had to detach to find survey.

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
Done .

Also sent link to local councillor who is interested in the idea and are putting it forward to Thanet district council.

Think everyone should bombard their local councillor's with an email and link.😉

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The survey is at the link above just took me to the home page had to detach to find survey.

Blasted phone, meant to say that the link below takes you straight to the NT survey form, rather than the home page of CAMPRA and then having to search for it.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Joined and survey completed.

We often check to see if there are any NT or EH properties around areas we are visiting having been members of both for years. Okay, we perhaps don't get our moneysworth every year but to us they are worthwhile charities anyway so happy to continue our memberships.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Taken from FB interesting.

B43C5C33-1E30-46C9-BFEC-5015CF4AC8C7.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.