Campirama VAT number please? (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Just back from Campirama with our new B 588 DL, and trying to complete notification to HMRC. I've got to the bit of the form where it asks for the VAT number of the supplier, and looking at the invoice, I thought it was 'BE 0416.344.982', but the HMRC form is telling me this is invalid. I've tried entering it in all its permutations - ie with and without the BE in front of the numbers, and with and without the dots, but it's not accepting any of it.
There's no rush, HMRC won't be there today, and I can phone Campirama on Monday, but I'm impatient and excited:D2. Just wondered if any kind person could tell me what they used as the Campirama VAT number, please? (y)

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
BE 0416.344.982

In Dutch its BTW number

That is the correct number
But Lenny will know what to fill in

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Might be an issue with HMRC
Think Lenny may have had a similar problem
Wait 24 hours and try again

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I'm in France at the moment but it looks like the right number.
I had the same problem then when I tried the next all worked OK.

OP
OP
bellabee
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Congratulations - looks a fabulous van. What are your plans for this winter?
Thanks. Yes, we're very excited and can hardly believe we've managed to do it so quickly. Went on holiday in the old van, after Malvern. We knew what we wanted and had already spoken to Campirama and a couple of German dealers, but we had to go to Dusseldorf in order to get the best discount from Hymer. So - we were at Dusseldorf show on 28th August, did the deal, Campirama fitted the extras we wanted, and we went to Kortrijk this Wednesday, stayed on their yard overnight and switched all our stuff over from the old van to the new one. Then got the Thursday evening ferry from Zeebrugge to Hull. It's so much less stressful than the drive from Folkestone when you're running the gauntlet on fake Belgian plates ;). From Hull, we drove straight to @dave newell lvs , who provided their usual helpful service, and did the letter stating that the modifications had been done for driving in Britain.
By 3pm yesterday, it was sitting on our drive. :)
A hectic and sometimes stressful couple of weeks - especially when my internet banking wouldn't work and I had to spend an hour on the phone to HSBC trying to prove who I was! But it was well worth it in the end. At least, we don't have to make another trip over to Belgium to pick it up.
We're definitely going to Spain/Portugal this winter. We'll probably leave home at the beginning of Feb, and come back in late April. I hope we'll see you - and your lovely new van(y).

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Did Dave make any comments on the headlamps?
When set to flat dipping on the DL the beam pattern is dreadful. My guy passed them for importing but said he would fail them if it was an MOT. He suggested I put them back to LHD and put beam benders on at not time.

Spoke to Emmanuel about it and he would if I wanted get some RHD ones and let me have them at cost price, for the whole lamp about €200 each a lot cheaper than the Almond eyes. He is also looking getting a pair for stock that he will lend to customers for a nominal fee.
I've also asked him about just getting the Hella lamp unit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Frazzle

Free Member
Mar 29, 2017
maidstone kent
Funster No
MH
09 AutoSleeper Berkshire
Exp
im a newbie
Just back from Campirama with our new B 588 DL, and trying to complete notification to HMRC. I've got to the bit of the form where it asks for the VAT number of the supplier, and looking at the invoice, I thought it was 'BE 0416.344.982', but the HMRC form is telling me this is invalid. I've tried entering it in all its permutations - ie with and without the BE in front of the numbers, and with and without the dots, but it's not accepting any of it.
There's no rush, HMRC won't be there today, and I can phone Campirama on Monday, but I'm impatient and excited:D2. Just wondered if any kind person could tell me what they used as the Campirama VAT number, please? (y)

That is the vat number

https://trendstop.knack.be/en/detail/416344982/campirama.aspx

OP
OP
bellabee
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Did Dave make any comments on the headlamps?
When set to flat dipping on the DL the beam pattern is dreadful. My guy passed them for importing but said he would fail them if it was an MOT. He suggested I put them back to LHD and put beam benders on at not time.

Spoke to Emmanuel about it and he would if I wanted get some RHD ones and let me have them at cost price, for the whole lamp about €200 each a lot cheaper than the Almond eyes. He is also looking getting a pair for stock that he will lend to customers for a nominal fee.
I've also asked him about just getting the Hella lamp unit.

No. He didn't pass any comment. Campirama said they were flat-beam, fitted as standard, and didn't need adjusting for British use. We don't tend to drive at night, but once we've got it registered, I'll get them fully checked.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
No. He didn't pass any comment. Campirama said they were flat-beam, fitted as standard, and didn't need adjusting for British use. We don't tend to drive at night, but once we've got it registered, I'll get them fully checked.
That's what they told us but they are not, we noticed ours kicking up to the right on our way home after collecting the van.
Sounds like Dave didn't bother to put a beam checker on them just accepted the fact that Hymers are adjust.
So you are OK for 3 years until mot time.

OP
OP
bellabee
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
That's what they told us but they are not, we noticed ours kicking up to the right on our way home after collecting the van.
Sounds like Dave didn't bother to put a beam checker on them just accepted the fact that Hymers are adjust.
So you are OK for 3 years until mot time.

We'll speak to Campirama about it. We dealt with Sebastian. We can arrange to go there in Feb, when we next go to the Continent, and get them to sort them. I can't think of the last time we drove in the dark, in this country, so I'm not worried, but I do want it to be right.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Point the van at a wall or garage door in the dark and look at the beam it should be obvious, then try adjusting it, just need to take the cap of on the back of the headlamp and flick the lever over & see what the beam is like then.
I think Campirama were being straight when they said they were flat dipping as their workshop guys thought the same. Emmanule obviously not passed the info on to Sebastion.

OP
OP
bellabee
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, I think they're a very straight company. We found them to be very thorough in everything they did, and their employees were so friendly and efficient. We were very pleasantly surprised by them, having read reports of 'Campidrama.' It was the workshop guys who told us that the headlights were standard flat beam. We'll do as you suggest, but we're not unduly worried.
Dave Newell did check them.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Thanks. Yes, we're very excited and can hardly believe we've managed to do it so quickly. Went on holiday in the old van, after Malvern. We knew what we wanted and had already spoken to Campirama and a couple of German dealers, but we had to go to Dusseldorf in order to get the best discount from Hymer. So - we were at Dusseldorf show on 28th August, did the deal, Campirama fitted the extras we wanted, and we went to Kortrijk this Wednesday, stayed on their yard overnight and switched all our stuff over from the old van to the new one. Then got the Thursday evening ferry from Zeebrugge to Hull. It's so much less stressful than the drive from Folkestone when you're running the gauntlet on fake Belgian plates ;). From Hull, we drove straight to @dave newell lvs , who provided their usual helpful service, and did the letter stating that the modifications had been done for driving in Britain.
By 3pm yesterday, it was sitting on our drive.
And breathe!!! Very impressed with your management of the logistics. (y) Is Los Escullos on your list again? Not sure when we'll leave. Last year we left in early December but the weather was very disappointing and we had to come back early because of the prediction of heavy snow. Hoping to travel at the same time as @Allan & Loren once they know what their plans are. Take care and enjoy your van. How is Jay? (I think we should be using 'start a conversation' with this but too late now).

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs

My beam tester was not accessible due to another vehicle being immobilised on the lift in front of it, I did check the beam pattern with a piece of dark card in front of the lights and this showed a flat dip pattern which I believe will be fine for mot.

D.

OP
OP
bellabee
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, I phoned HMRC this morning, and they were very helpful. You have to just enter the numbers without the dots, and it's fine. I'm sure I did that at the weekend, and it wouldn't work :unsure::unsure:.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
My beam tester was not accessible due to another vehicle being immobilised on the lift in front of it, I did check the beam pattern with a piece of dark card in front of the lights and this showed a flat dip pattern which I believe will be fine for mot.

D.
Mine were kicking up to the right, when I adjusted them for flat dipping, the kick up to the right went but on the top part of the beam there was a noticeable dip in the middle and light output was lower with an orangey tinge to the top of the beam.
Maybe if I tweak the leaver a bit they may be acceptable, for now I've set them back to LHD as we hardly use the van in the UK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back