campings on route du soleil open in winter (1 Viewer)

stuurman

Free Member
Jul 26, 2008
in my van all over Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
as of may 28, 2009, fulltimer
Hi all. There must be someone on here, more clever than I, who can answer this. I will travel to Spain end of november and am searching for campsites along the Route Du Soleil which are open all year. Thanks in advance, Hans.

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
No need for campsites, use the aires and save yourself loads of money. Very many are open all year. All in the Camperstop book. Have a good trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

DL42846

Deleted User
The Route Du Soleil A7 seems to be the long way down to Spain. Or is there another one that I don't no of. Have you planned a General route down or are you sticking to the toll roads.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Taking (say) Valencia as final destination the various routes are between 1035 (Ruoen/Tours Bordeaux) and 1035 (Paris/Orleans/Perpignan) Or Via Toulouse 1056 Miles.

If you where going to (say) Malaga then it is shorter via Madrid (1311) as opposed to 1427

Last edited:
D

DL42846

Deleted User
Taking (say) Valencia as final destination the various routes are between 1035 (Ruoen/Tours Bordeaux) and 1035 (Paris/Orleans/Perpignan) Or Via Toulouse 1056 Miles.

If you where going to (say) Malaga then it is shorter via Madrid (1311) as opposed to 1427

I agree, but taking the route du soeil would mean heading down to Lyon then down to Marseilles which is miles off course for Spain. It would add almost 10 hours to the trip.
The Aires in France are very good. If you download an app on your mobile phone like Camper-Pro or Park4night they will give you a list of the Aires around you. I personally wouldn't want to hang about in France for too long in November. I live in France more or less on the route du soleil and I'm trying to work out a plan to get away.

OP
OP
stuurman

stuurman

Free Member
Jul 26, 2008
in my van all over Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
as of may 28, 2009, fulltimer
Thanks for your replies. Sorry, I forgot to mention the fact that I am travelling from my homecountry (Holland) to Spain and therefor the Route Du Soleil is the way to go. I stick to tollroads and take 4 days to reach Denia, Spain. I have bought Campercontact. Thank you all. Hans.

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Thanks for your replies. Sorry, I forgot to mention the fact that I am travelling from my homecountry (Holland) to Spain and therefor the Route Du Soleil is the way to go. I stick to tollroads and take 4 days to reach Denia, Spain. I have bought Campercontact. Thank you all. Hans.[/QUO
There is a pleasant Aire At Roanne Port which should be in your book or Lake Du Villrest.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Ah!. We spent several weeks with a Large Number of Dutch Campers. Camping Cap Blanc (Atea) In 2005. Happy days!.

Go Enjoy! Lucky B888er, away from the Damp and cold!.

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back