Camping Yelloh obviously doesn't want dogs! (1 Viewer)

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
We stayed on this superb site a few years ago when it accepted ACSI cards and dogs were free. However, it no longer accepts ACSI, but I tried to book just five days in September before they closed. We are not going now as the pet charges are nearly 50% of the pitch fees!
We are booked now into Camping Sous Les Etoiles in Normandie: dogs go free!
John

campingyellohfees.jpg

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
For those without dogs though, I agree it is a very nice site. We had 3 nights there 2 years ago and enjoyed it. I wonder if they're deliberately putting off pet owners because of the bird life on the lake?

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
It certainly is a lovely site, we spent a week there in June 2015, however my OH remembers it for other reasons - it was scorching hot when we were there and unfortunately there was legionnaires in some of the showers, he picked it up, I didn't. We went back in September 2016 and mentioned it on booking in, but the staff weren't bothered "oh yes we did hear something about that", we did think they might have offered a free night seeing as we had returned even after that experience. Anyway we booked in, keeping the length of stay flexible as we usually do, but we left after 2 nights as the camp was over-run with feral tinkers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
That’s a shame. Did you notify the Legionnaires to Yelloh Village at the time? I’d certainly have expected some recompense from them for that.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I am on a site where dogs are free. Its like Battersea dogs home, barking bloody mad. All egged on by owners who think it's sweet their dogs can communicate. Let alone the pitch abuse, arrive, dogs let out off the lead after 4 hours boxed in, pitches become dogs toilet. Not just the odd owner but loads. So no wonder sites look to dissuade dogs.

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
AJM2 yes we did, in fact Alan started feeling a bit rough on the way home on the ferry, we didn't think a lot about it but a week later he went to the doctor who put him on antibiotic which helped a bit but he continued to feel unwell. I was mooching around on this website as you do, and saw a reference to LD, checked the symptoms and he had the lot. We also found that Yelloh had emailed all those staying that week, but our email address was slightly wrong so we didn't get it, although friends we met on site had. Dr was unwilling to test, and refused to confirm it was LD, even with the evidence piling up but put him on a different antibiotic and sent him for various tests and chest x-rays. We made the assumption that she was unwilling to deal with French authorities over a legally notifiable disease and emailed Yelloh to inform that he was infected.

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
What a strange response from your Dr, particularly given the heads up from you as to the likely cause.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
A really lovely site with excellent cycling on quiet roads. We loved our stay some years ago but I think I picked up an unknown virus there from something I ate which left me quite poorly for about a week once it emerged. We’d had a special meal in the restaurant and I had steak but my wife did not. She was fine. We also like camping Bella Italia on Lake Garda and they don’t allow dogs or motorcycles! The site was noticeably quieter & mess free

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
AJM2 yes we did, in fact Alan started feeling a bit rough on the way home on the ferry, we didn't think a lot about it but a week later he went to the doctor who put him on antibiotic which helped a bit but he continued to feel unwell. I was mooching around on this website as you do, and saw a reference to LD, checked the symptoms and he had the lot. We also found that Yelloh had emailed all those staying that week, but our email address was slightly wrong so we didn't get it, although friends we met on site had. Dr was unwilling to test, and refused to confirm it was LD, even with the evidence piling up but put him on a different antibiotic and sent him for various tests and chest x-rays. We made the assumption that she was unwilling to deal with French authorities over a legally notifiable disease and emailed Yelloh to inform that he was infected.
Once LD is notified to the Local authorities they would be shut down .They are red hot on it here.
Showers unused for a while are prime ways of catching it especially in hot countries. When our showers are unused for any period of time I bag the shower heads ,fill with bleach then leave in bag with red hot water for 30 minutes.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Can understand why some sites want to be dog free.
Bella Italia on Lake Garda and they don’t allow dogs or motorcycles! T
Thanks for the heads up, have been trying to get to the Italian lakes for about 3 years, ill health of our travl companions and Covid have prevented it so far we dont have dogs but we will probably be taking the KTM, on an easylifter now not in a garage so can't pretend we dont have one ;)

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Scotsuze, we did see motorcyclist there they had to leave their bikes on the car park by reception which I think is manned 24h. A very large site with everything from hotel to tents for guests but the touring section is all together right across the whole lake front so the size & nature of site facilities did not bother us. Fantastic location. All serviced pitches, 16A & lots of showers, very clean if dated. Excellent 24h security. Sorry to update this on a thread about another site but I hope this helps clarify things 😊

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back