harleighmh

Free Member
Jan 2, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
Off to Spain in a couple of weeks. Using the Poole/Santander Ferry - only downside it arrives Santander at 19.00. I know we can use site at Santilla del Mar, but does anybody know of a nearer site, or perhaps an Aire we could use. I know there is a site about 5 miles from the Port , but it does not have a good reputation and when I looked was €30!
Any help greatly appreciated.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
If you have the Aires book look up Cabarceno if you haven't put

N43deg 21.486 W003deg 49.186 into your sat nav I promise you will not be disappointed

It maybe 40/50 Km from Santander but worth it

OP
OP
H

harleighmh

Free Member
Jan 2, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
Thanks

Thanks very much, several people have suggested Cabarceno. We do not have Sat Nav, but with AA Routefinder it looks easy and is in fact only 16.5 miles. Probably try that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Thanks very much, several people have suggested Cabarceno. We do not have Sat Nav, but with AA Routefinder it looks easy and is in fact only 16.5 miles. Probably try that.

Would you like some piccies I think most are probably fed up of seeing them but if you have not seen them I will post them again

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!

If you have an android /Iphone buy a cheap satnav package and save yourself a lot of mapping headaches:thumb:

OP
OP
H

harleighmh

Free Member
Jan 2, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
Thanks

Yes please that would be good, I have looked at the website for The Elephant Park, but you may have some of the Stopover, thanks

OP
OP
H

harleighmh

Free Member
Jan 2, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
Old fashioned

My phone does have a Satnav, which I don't use as I do like my paper maps! thanks for the thought.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
These three shots were taken within s few yards of the van and you can stay as long as you want and it is free

Attachments

• Cabarcenco 003 (Small).jpg
    Cabarcenco 003 (Small).jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Cabarcenco 008 (Small).jpg
    Cabarcenco 008 (Small).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Cabarcenco 031 (Small).JPG
    Cabarcenco 031 (Small).JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
H

harleighmh

Free Member
Jan 2, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
Thanks

Looks great, but I think it will be just an overnight stop, Southern Spain will be calling!

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Off to Spain in a couple of weeks. Using the Poole/Santander Ferry - only downside it arrives Santander at 19.00. I know we can use site at Santilla del Mar, but does anybody know of a nearer site, or perhaps an Aire we could use. I know there is a site about 5 miles from the Port , but it does not have a good reputation and when I looked was €30!
Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi, we are taking the Portsmouth-Santander ferry on 17th Jan and a few weeks ago I asked exactly the same question, as we are heading for Isla Plana in Murcia. A fellow Funster recommended two possible Aires:

Aguilar de Campoo, off A67 at Junction 103, and osorno La Mayor, also off the A67 but further down. First is about 50 miles out of Santander, second around 90. We land around 1730 so will head for Osorno.

Both of these aires are in the current and previous aires book.
happy camping!

Gary

Jan 16, 2013
Chichester
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2009
The Osorno stop over was used a couple of weeks ago and was ok. They parked just behind the hostel out of sight of the road. I was also planning to use it but we had to take the later Bilbao ferry instead due to mechanical problems( that another story to tell).
Lovely weather here in Isla plana.

Twizz

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back