Camping Santa Clara Altea (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I've not heard of that one ... however for your info ... Have a look at camper park San Antonio. ... www.sanantonioaltea.com
On the sea front between Albir & Altea...Opens 1st Oct... closes 19th may ... cheers
Ok if you like to be crushed in like sardines and pay proper campsite prices. I don't understand why it's so busy, maybe the sea view?
Screenshot_20171017-190012.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171017-190012.png
    Screenshot_20171017-190012.png
    807.4 KB · Views: 4

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
Yre right . Its a tad tight . I cycled around the site from La Colina & decided I was better off there . Nice views though & again it was packed & bit expensive . However ok for a pit stop I suppose . Cheers

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Its always packed,stack em and rack em site

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Ok if you like to be crushed in like sardines and pay proper campsite prices. I don't understand why it's so busy, maybe the sea view?View attachment 192614

we went past the day before it opened looked nothing special then went past the next day and it was full as you say very tight spacing can't understand why people would pay so much and have no space

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Not Cheap !
Strewth. So they want 20 euro a day Plus 5 per person! And it's 23 euro in low season?
Bonkers! That's probably why they're only open 6 months, they make enough money and shut down.
I'm sure it was only €12 plus electric the other year.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Ok if you like to be crushed in like sardines and pay proper campsite prices.

Looks grim on your google shot, is it really the same as the on their website ?

It is a good quiet location and Altea is lovely but as sites go, OK for a couple of nights.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Strewth. So they want 20 euro a day Plus 5 per person! And it's 23 euro in low season?
Bonkers! That's probably why they're only open 6 months, they make enough money and shut down.
I'm sure it was only €12 plus electric the other year.
They won't have a problem filling their campsite IMO. If you think about it, every year, hundreds if not thousands of new motorhomers arrive in Spain to overwinter. In general, they will have been used to paying for their holiday accomodation at least three times the daily amount a campsite charges and so they see it as a great arrangement, book, stay and pay, and in the main are very happy to do so and believe they have a very good deal. It's only after gaining knowledge and experience do many realise they can have the same or similar arrangement for a third of the price or even less. As long as newbies are coming onto the scene and they always will be, places like these can charge what they charge, remain full with both parties well and truly happy.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We are just up the road from the site on the beach road at Cap Blanch and ACSI would have us pay 19euros with 6 amp supply
We r here for two months and it drops to to 14 euros a night plus cost of electric. This longer stay is on the site rates not acsi.
The concrete carpark on the beach road is only open in the winter and is pretty full all the time. I assume they also have long term rates that must be cheaper than Cap blanch.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We are just up the road from the site on the beach road at Cap Blanch and ACSI would have us pay 19euros with 6 amp supply
We r here for two months and it drops to to 14 euros a night plus cost of electric. This longer stay is on the site rates not acsi.
The concrete carpark on the beach road is only open in the winter and is pretty full all the time. I assume they also have long term rates that must be cheaper than Cap blanch.
Cap Blanch was the first campsite we stayed at, the first time we overwintered in Spain and we loved the community spirit and the weekend fun in the big room down near reception. The site you refer to just down the road had only just opened and whilst I cant remember the rates I'm fairly sure it was in single figures. We saw the site again the following year when visiting friends we made in Cap Blanch and it was rammed.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Cap Blanch was the first campsite we stayed at, the first time we overwintered in Spain and we loved the community spirit and the weekend fun in the big room down near reception. The site you refer to just down the road had only just opened and whilst I cant remember the rates I'm fairly sure it was in single figures. We saw the site again the following year when visiting friends we made in Cap Blanch and it was rammed.

Been open at least 4 years i think if not more,,,Closes in the summer,,BUSBY.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Having stayed at camper park San Antonio a number of times over the years on the return leg from Spain/Morocco for a few nights,I personally don’t feel you are “crammed”in any more so than in Cap Blanch,in fact Cap Blanch has got more crammed this last 5years to such an extent that if you arrive there around the end of March or anytime near the Easter festive season you will be at the rear of the site among the trees, or not even get a pitch there at all.San Antonio Camper Park has been operating for a number of years as a dedicated Motorhome Park and was owned by the current owners parents back in the sixties when it was run as a camping site.The current owners, Paco and his wife keep the site facilities, toilets and showers spotless with lashings of hot water, and both are very helpful friendly people, I last stayed there the Easter before last and pitch prices were 15euros per night, plus electricity is metered if you require it, its not obligatory, plus FREE WIFI, and the facility to wash your van, this plus the seafront location on the bus route into Benidorm centre (1.50euros each way) make it quite an attractive option for a few days,with the added bonus that Paco does NOT increase pitch prices at all over the Easter, unlike ALL the other sites in Benidorm who hike their prices up over the holiday period, the price is the same,plus there are some discounts for stays over 14 nights. So imho not such a bad place to stop for a few days....just saying.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Having stayed at camper park San Antonio a number of times over the years on the return leg from Spain/Morocco for a few nights,I personally don’t feel you are “crammed”in any more so than in Cap Blanch,in fact Cap Blanch has got more crammed this last 5years to such an extent that if you arrive there around the end of March or anytime near the Easter festive season you will be at the rear of the site among the trees, or not even get a pitch there at all.San Antonio Camper Park has been operating for a number of years as a dedicated Motorhome Park and was owned by the current owners parents back in the sixties when it was run as a camping site.The current owners, Paco and his wife keep the site facilities, toilets and showers spotless with lashings of hot water, and both are very helpful friendly people, I last stayed there the Easter before last and pitch prices were 15euros per night, plus electricity is metered if you require it, its not obligatory, plus FREE WIFI, and the facility to wash your van, this plus the seafront location on the bus route into Benidorm centre (1.50euros each way) make it quite an attractive option for a few days,with the added bonus that Paco does NOT increase pitch prices at all over the Easter, unlike ALL the other sites in Benidorm who hike their prices up over the holiday period, the price is the same,plus there are some discounts for stays over 14 nights. So imho not such a bad place to stop for a few days....just saying.

You can't fully wind your awning out at San Antonia so in my opinion its crammed,,,BUSBY,,

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
You can't fully wind your awning out at San Antonia so in my opinion its crammed,,,BUSBY,,
As I've said previously, I 've stayed there a number of times, ALWAYS been able to wind my standard size Fiamma awning out fully pitches are clearly marked out, I do admit that once you've wound your awning out fully you've used up all the width of your pitch but I'd hardly call that crammed in, and the fact that it's always full tells you how popular a camperpark it is,

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
As I've said previously, I 've stayed there a number of times, ALWAYS been able to wind my standard size Fiamma awning out fully pitches are clearly marked out, I do admit that once you've wound your awning out fully you've used up all the width of your pitch but I'd hardly call that crammed in, and the fact that it's always full tells you how popular a camperpark it is,
I have cycled past that site many times and there are pitches on there that if you wound your awning fully out it would be touching the next van,,More like an aire than what i would call a site,,At the price they charge i would expect at least a pool..a bar and a restaurant,,Good job we all demand and like different things..BUSBY,,

Reactions: f6c

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Sounds like absolute hell.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back