Camping memling Bruge (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I have booked 2 nights here for our first ever Europe trip in July/August. I not sure whether to go for the 26ft x 32 ft grass pitch or the 18ft x 26ft hard standing. Our van is 6 metre long. The worry is the grass pitches could be muddy if rainy weather, but would we be cramped in a hard standing? They have made the hard standings bigger than stated on their web site.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Spidey

I think I would go for the hard standing, should have plenty of room and not knowing how good the grass is you are taking a risk booking that, after saying that the site should direct you away from the grass if it is too soft.

No point getting stuck first time abroad, although it would guarantee some memories.

OOPS just re read it July August, go for the grass.

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Thank you, not sure why i can't visualise the space o_O

Maybe grass would be better :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kat_lewis

Free Member
May 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since a nipper but only got back into it seriously recently when we inherited my mum's van
We stayed there last year and found the hardstanding to be a bit tight .I would opt for the grass pitch

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
We stayed last August . Very very waterlogged on the grass pitches. If it's just 2 nights I'd go for go for standing as you probably aren't going to spend much time on the site, by the time you have explored the city and canals. It is a very large camp site divided into areas so I magine the maximum in an an area would be about 8. As it was so boggy we were even limited to which way we could park and what spaces we could use.
That said great site, immaculate shower facilities, great cafe and take away (amazing chips) and very helpful staff.

IGNORE THIS - referees to Ghent, not bruges, sorry

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Ignore al that I was thinking about the site in Ghent - Also stayed last year. Actually Bruge showers even better. Fairly small site, everyone is quite close. Very limited satellite reception due to trees. We were on grass it was fine. Very easy cycle into bruges

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Go for Ghent, any day. I know that people like Memling, and maybe we were unlucky, but we wouldn't stay there again. We stayed in August 2013 and it was choc-a-bloc and, in our view, dirty. It seemed to be being run by students during their vacations. Ghent was much nicer (in our view).

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We stayed last August . Very very waterlogged on the grass pitches. If it's just 2 nights I'd go for go for standing as you probably aren't going to spend much time on the site, by the time you have explored the city and canals. It is a very large camp site divided into areas so I magine the maximum in an an area would be about 8. As it was so boggy we were even limited to which way we could park and what spaces we could use.
That said great site, immaculate shower facilities, great cafe and take away (amazing chips) and very helpful staff.

IGNORE THIS - referees to Ghent, not bruges, sorry

We are thinking of moving onto Ghent afterwards, where did you stay?

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Campsite blaarmeersen €30.10 per night - as described above . A very big site so may be quite busy in peak season. We went end of August and half full.
Ghent much much nicer than bruges which is pretty but tourist rip off ville.
Ghent just as beautiful but more normal population
Bruges prices ridiculous - we were charge an extra 2 € for Mayonaise with our frites!
I would return to Ghent any time, but would avoid bruges completely

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We were at Memling in December and used a grass pitch :). Have to say they have a lovely shower block. The bus into the town centre can be caught around the corner, they give you all the info when you book in. Enjoy, Bruges is lovely (y)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
We used Memling last March, magnificent new shower block, clean, well maintained and the edge of our grass site was granite chippings so you could park so that when stepping down out of MoHo you stepped directly onto them.

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Don't park under the trees!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back