Camping Lake Bled -building work (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Just a heads up in case anyone is on their way. They are undergoing extensive building work to rectify the mud problem and upgrade the sanitary facilities. They have cut the camping cost by 50% to compensate so its only been 13 euros a nght.
Its not too bad if you're out during the day because its generally over by about 4.30 but it is a bit noisy and dusty.
Don't let it put you off though - its worth it to see Lake Bled which is beautiful (I bet its mad in July and August. They say that all the hotel rooms are booked now for June, July and August).
We walked all the way up to the castle here too to find a lot of renovation going on. They still charged 11.50 euros though and it really wasn't worth it because there was no access to some of the castle. The view though is fantastic across the Lake and to the mountains.
Going on to Ljublana tomorrow and then on to the coast and then Croatia. Lovely weather too.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Try and be in the capital on Friday evenings - they have the most fantastic, big, international food stalls event outdoors every Friday evening in the big square on the castle side of the river....go there hungry!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Coming in to land on my paraglider by Lake Bohinj - Hmmm....I think a re-visit may be due post Isle of Man TT

DSC07154.JPG

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We’re on the tunnel on the 29th and heading straight there, so appreciate this information, would love to see updates and pictures of your travels... is there room at camping bled ?

OP
OP
S
Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
We’re on the tunnel on the 29th and heading straight there, so appreciate this information, would love to see updates and pictures of your travels... is there room at camping bled ?
The building seems to have stopped now - very quiet and peaceful. I don't think they get full until the holidays (26th April, 2nd and 3rd of May and end of May - may be more so check online). They did say that they will have places this holiday so you should be fine. Its lovely, the staff are lovely and couldn't apologise enough for the building noise. It should have been finished but they had snow 3 weeks ago.
Had a lovely meal last night here at Pegzl'n at the top of the lake. About 1.5 kms from the camping
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...rija_Peglez_n-Bled_Upper_Carniola_Region.html

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
The building seems to have stopped now - very quiet and peaceful. I don't think they get full until the holidays (26th April, 2nd and 3rd of May and end of May - may be more so check online). They did say that they will have places this holiday so you should be fine. Its lovely, the staff are lovely and couldn't apologise enough for the building noise. It should have been finished but they had snow 3 weeks ago.
Had a lovely meal last night here at Pegzl'n at the top of the lake. About 1.5 kms from the camping
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...rija_Peglez_n-Bled_Upper_Carniola_Region.html

Thanks, really appreciate that... I’ll take my time getting there after the 3rd then, don’t want it too busy...:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back