Camping Key Europe or ACSI Club ID? (1 Viewer)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Well last year I had the Camping Card International as proof of ID when booking into any sites in France and Spain but it's now been replaced, so it seems, by the Camping Key, £5 from the Caravan Club.

An alternative, I think, could be the ACSI Club ID at 4.95 euro direct from ACSI.

Both the same, what's best to go for?

Dave

PS. where can I find ACSI 2015 POI for a Garmin?

Deleted User
CCI is still available from other sources, AA, RAC, C&CC
Caravan club must have changed the card they offer but personally I always stick with the CCI, as far as I know it is accepted as ID pretty well everywhere in Europe and 10% discount at some. Not sure the same could be said about the ACSI ID card or the Camping Key.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Not that the cost is exactly 'prohibitive' but I've never had cause to use any ID (...not saying some sites don't ask for it, but I never have) Have only used ACSI sites and they have always been happy enough with the cardboard pull out ACSI card from the book, which you fill out with your details and passport number anyway!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We have the ACSI ID but sites we have visited never keep it but are usually happy with the tear out card from the book for discounts etc never keep that either

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
The CCI card is owned by the FICC which the Caravan Club is no longer a member of which is why I think they no longer provide it. The C&CC still provide it. As to whether it is better than the Camping Key card or the ACSI ID card I have no idea. They all basically offer the same on site third party insurance and ID verification. Where there may be differences is in Scandinavia, they never used to accept the CCI card.
Ezee

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Thanks for the replies, yes it seems the Caravan Club Camping Key Card provides just about the same level of 3rd party insurance and proof of ID. Until I just looked at my last Caravan Club supplied CCI card a moment ago, I had thought that it had my passport number on it, but it doesn't. Like many of us I suspect, I don't like letting go of passports on any occasion, so was looking at the best form of alternative ID for campsite visits. Thanks again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back