LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Several people have been asking about camping in Glastonbury, try this site ... a working smallholding which is run by two lovely people ... Drinking water and elsan point emptier there ... no EHU .

Within a ten minute walk of the town centre and lots of peace and space around you. See photo of me.

willowdragoncamp.jpg

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Peace and lurve man:)

Looks a nice alternative to the big site nearbye, did you forget to add details or am I missing something:)

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
That looks nice, we are going that way in a couple of weeks but staying on the old oaks, bit expensive but wanted to try it out. Where is that one Joy or PM me the location if it's not ok to post up on here. And let me know of a good pub in Glastonbury that does good pub food and good beer. We plan to walk into there for a beer or two. Shame you were not there then could have met up for a beer. (y)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
We stayed at
Broken Link Removed
a couple of weeks ago. Very pleasant CS but facilities in middle of updating. Easy walks to the tor & town.

Sep 24, 2013
Torbay, Devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1992
The old oaks at Glastonbury have a minibus which calls every day except Sunday's and goes to places such as Wells, Street (for Clarks village) and Glastonbury itself, also a couple of evening trips to Glastonbury for those who want to go out for a meal or a few beers.
Fantastic site ( the toilet block is the best you will find anywhere), it is expensive but this is the site you will compare all others to.
Don

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Malden

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Hebburn, Tyne and Wear
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Several people have been asking about camping in Glastonbury, try this site ... a working smallholding which is run by two lovely people ... Drinking water and elsan point emptier there ... no EHU .

Within a ten minute walk of the town centre and lots of peace and space around you. See photo of me.

View attachment 61405

Hi, where is this site, we often visit Glastonbury. We stay at Glastonbury Cottages and Camping, situated at the bottom of the Tor. Just nice to know that there is somewhere else we can use.

Sep 24, 2013
Torbay, Devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1992
Another site which is within staggering distance of Glastonburys pubs is The Isle of Avalon site, it is quite a few years since we stayed there but it is a short walk to Glastonbury centre, hard standings are available and a well stocked shop
Don

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
We live between Wells and Glastonbury. Never stopped at Avalon but driven past it many times. Not our cup of tea, always seems to be busy, I suspect with loads of " long stay" campers.
Two sites I can recommend are Greenachers camping site between Glasto and North Wooten. On the somerset levels, Does not allow caravans but is ok for small motorhomes. Easy cycling to Glasto. See
http://www.greenacres-camping.co.uk

The other is a much improved site on the edge of Wells. Wells Holiday Park. Great site, easy cycling across levels to Glsto. See. http://wellsholidaypark.co.uk

Regards. :happy:

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Hope you do get a free night at Old Oak I just priced one night for us (3 adults plus dog) £37.85 in 2nd cheapest periods and £46.85!! For high season.
Have stayed at Isle of Avalon twice but not for a couple of years and was very well run, clean and oh so convenient to walk into town. Don't remember any 'long term campers' when we went I think there were some vans there which people kept there for holidays.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I see the Old Oaks does a free night for 1st timers may pop along this week
Hope you do get a free night at Old Oak I just priced one night for us (3 adults plus dog) £37.85 in 2nd cheapest periods and £46.85!! For high season.
Have stayed at Isle of Avalon twice but not for a couple of years and was very well run, clean and oh so convenient to walk into town. Don't remember any 'long term campers' when we went I think there were some vans there which people kept there for holidays.
Yes, I've been looking at this site as Glastonbury has been on the list for a long time......I can't actually see how the free night works. It's mentioned that you can have one, with a link for more infor but that just takes you to the offers page and I can't see any further mention of how it works......(yes I have me specs on) hope someone can clarify? It looks very nice with the views.......:)

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
To get the free night you have to ring and book and mention it, think there is a code on there website. you get the cheapest night free.

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
[QUOTE="Rapphil, post: 1404619, member: 22370] Don't remember any 'long term campers' when we went I think there were some vans there which people kept there for holidays.[/QUOTE]

You could be right. Next time I'm down that way I will check it out. :nod:

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
We wildcamp use Aires and sites whichever is convenient but at £46.85 (3 plus dog) for Old Oak would break our previous most expensive record which was in Sienna!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Enjoy the peace and quiet @movan ....it doesn't seem like it will last long at this rate...;):D Love and big hugggs xx

P's How's the witches course going? :rofl:

Oh you're not running those witches courses again Joy, haven't you passed on enough of your witches wisdom over the years?

Couldn't teach mine how to fly her broom-stick without crashing could you? :wink:

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best

View attachment 61405
sorry...did you give the details of this site. i cant find them?
thanks

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Several people have been asking about camping in Glastonbury a working smallholding which is run by two lovely people ... lots of peace and space
So glad you found somewhere you liked @movan , especially with everything else going on around you; a lovely little sanctuary by the look of it.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Just booked got free night on my way in 5 mins
Let me know if you find a good pub in town that does good food please.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Let me know if you find a good pub in town that does good food please.

Good Italian restaurant on the high street, and if you want a quirky pub that may put you off if you not into the Glastonbury scene, but it is lovely .. go later so you get the music etc ... try the King Arthur off the High Street ... just where the bend is at the bottom of the hill, around the corner from Mocha Berry Cafe .... apparently the food is really good. Never been there but will try it one day. :)

Rough and ready for those of us young at heart. :)

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
That looks nice, we are going that way in a couple of weeks but staying on the old oaks, bit expensive but wanted to try it out. Where is that one Joy or PM me the location if it's not ok to post up on here. And let me know of a good pub in Glastonbury that does good pub food and good beer. We plan to walk into there for a beer or two. Shame you were not there then could have met up for a beer. (y)

http://www.dragonwillowsfarm.co.uk/

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi, where is this site, we often visit Glastonbury. We stay at Glastonbury Cottages and Camping, situated at the bottom of the Tor. Just nice to know that there is somewhere else we can use.
Hi the site link is attached to this message. Please remember this is just a working small holding farm ... it is not a posh camp site but the couple are lovely and obliging and sell fresh eggs (the chickens will visit you every morning to see if you will feed them :) ) There is drinking water and they will help you with a hose to fill your tank if needed. There is an elsan point ... very basic but much cheaper than the more expensive sites. .

Within ten minutes of the town centre.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Enjoy the peace and quiet @movan ....it doesn't seem like it will last long at this rate...;):D Love and big hugggs xx

P's How's the witches course going? :rofl:
Hi Darlin'. Yes..... I am loving it here ... I love Glastonbury but then I am a strange person anyway ... I just fit in well ... :) ...... My daughter describes it as an open air lunatic asylum and that suits us fine.... no judgemental people (oops... sorry Eddie :) @Judgemental ) ... can wear my hippy gear or country and western without second glances ... love the place. Love getting the bus to Wells or many other places ..

The site is not like those others mentioned above, it is for those who just want to relax and chill out .. lots of space and also reflects this in the price compared to those other sites.

Sending you big hugs my lovely friend. x :)

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Im a newbie...since Sept 14
@movan So glad you're having fun...maybe one day I'll be able to go there myself...its on my bucket list anyway..methinks I'll fit in fine too! May even take in a witches course with you...it'd be soooo much fun! ;) :LOL: Sending much love and big warm sunny huggggggs J...enjoy the tranquility sweetheart..:)xxx

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
When we finish our tour on the way back I will have to call in for my annual Glastonbury Fix, we stay at the Isle of Avolon as we like the stroll into town from there, and they have good facilities. There is a pub near the Glastonbury Festival Office that has a curry night it is really good. No doubt if Joy is still at Glastonbury we will get our Witches Fix.:whistle2:

Malden

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Hebburn, Tyne and Wear
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi the site link is attached to this message. Please remember this is just a working small holding farm ... it is not a posh camp site but the couple are lovely and obliging and sell fresh eggs (the chickens will visit you every morning to see if you will feed them :) ) There is drinking water and they will help you with a hose to fill your tank if needed. There is an elsan point ... very basic but much cheaper than the more expensive sites. .

Within ten minutes of the town centre.
Hi Thanks for the information. Might check it out next time we down there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back