Camping Des Mures - South Of France (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Morning,

We are heading to Grimaud, Cote D'Azur, An Area I know very well with two of our Grandchildren.

We have stayed mainly at Les Naiades. But they no longer have camping pitches, only static homes.

So, wanting a nice plot. We have decided on Des Mures.

Has anyone stayed on the beach front plots there?. We stayed at Des mures a long time ago but further back. Just wondering what it is like in the height of summer beach front line?.

TM

Oct 20, 2015
tunbridge wells
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years
We stayed on Les Mures last year around Easter and it was ok on the main campsite. The beach side parking was packed then and the pitches seemed to be small and close together, they were more expensive too. Sardines comes to mind. Not for us, we prefer peace and quiet.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Have stayed there several times, the beach side pitches are nice, but can be cramped and the road noise can be unpleasant. Last time we were on the other side and also close to the road, not noisy at all. There is an underpass to get to the beach and also a crossing just outside the gates. was a bit of a nuisance carrying chairs etc, but a lot closer than to the beach when at Benecassim. Toilet/showers all good, restaurant a bit pricey but no more so than others in the area. you get some good bargains in the shop if you are there at the end of the season too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
It's fantastic. We had beachside. Loved it. 30 min cycle to St Tropez, 15 mins cycle to St Maxine and Port Grimaud. Noise is there but no different to any other site by road. Security good. Can't beat the views.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hi,

20th-27th August
2nd row

€510 inc 6a EHU, two Children (€49 per child 4-12 years old)

it goes down to

€19 Per night ACSI Card at the End of August.

So €133 for 7 Days rather than €318 base price

Last edited:

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Thanks for this. I think we'll give this a try around the 4th September this year. Stopped at camping la plage years ago, but I like the look of this one. Is there a minimum stay as we are looking for around 4 nights :)
Ps. Is it worth getting a acsi card?

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
We've stayed there the last 2 years - booked the first year staying on the second row then turned up last year without booking having changed our plans when it kept raining in Northern Europe.
The owner is a Scot but all staff speak good English.
Love the location. Didn't find the road noise a problem - except when the Harley Davidson weekend was on!!
Used ACSI - wouldn't travel in europe out of season without it.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Thanks for this. I think we'll give this a try around the 4th September this year. Stopped at camping la plage years ago, but I like the look of this one. Is there a minimum stay as we are looking for around 4 nights :)
Ps. Is it worth getting a acsi card?

Hi,

No minimum stay, though the longer the better.

Definitely worth ACSI As it is less than 1/2 price. See my screenshot......
Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 11.00.54.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back