camping cheques (1 Viewer)

clayx

Free Member
Oct 21, 2009
south wales
Funster No
Exp
can anybody please inform me what exactly camping cheques are all about. i am thinking of going on my first ferry trip in sept. and am pulling together all the threads.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
You can obtain the Camping Cheque directory from www.campingcheque.co.uk detailing about 558 participating sites in 24 countries across europe at a cost of £3 .You can then buy cheques at around £12 each which entitle you to one night at a participating site. The cost per cheque will reflect a good saving from the normal cost.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
www.campingcheques.co.uk

they are prepaid cheques you use to pay sites who accept them, you get a book with all sites in with a map with full descriptions of the sites, facillities etc.
you can order and pay for paper cheques which are valid for 2 years, or you can get a gold card for your camping cheques storage. With the gold card if you run out of cheques while away you can order new ones and they will be downloaded when the site swipe the card.

The cheques give a discounted stay on sites

also a similar one is the asci card with that one you buy the site directory every year and get a card in the back of the book valid for one year.

Link Removed

Both types allow you to camp cheaper out of peak season

and example of mine is with the camping cheque, on the site i was on i decided to stay and extra couple of days but had run out of cheques so i was charged 3 days at the camping cheque rate of €14 a night and the other 2 days i was charged at €22 a night, this was in for a site in france during the month of may.

gogocrosby

Free Member
Apr 2, 2009
Morpeth, Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
12 years
The vast majority of sites in France close at the end of their season mid sept. With camping cheques and the guide, apart from a good discount you can rely on the site being open.

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi we buy our camping cheques from the Caravan Club when we book the ferry.They enable you to get a cheaper price by getting what they call ITX fares.
We find that the 7 cheques that we buy usually work out to be free with the discount on our fares.
We are actually using cheques at the moment we are on a site in the French Alps (with free WI FI )
You can also now get a Silver camping card which has almost the same conditions as the paper ones (we are using paper ones) but then you can load for vouchers onto the card-details on the camping cheque site
The only disadvantage is they are only for the Low season
Sue:thumb:

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
l saved about £10 a night using camping cheques last oct in Spain makes a lot of sense now we lost the exchange rate Paul

clwyd

Free Member
Jul 21, 2009
Ruthin, N. Wales
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Camping Cheques - Rogers?

I mentioned these in a recent post. Look them up on the net. They are basically a set of "tokens" at a fixed price (about €14 ??) for use at any "subscribing" site - you'll need to get the site guide with your tokens/cheques, which are well priced as a package on the net.
They only allow use outside peak period, which varies between sites but sometimes is from mid-June to 20th August.
They are very good value for expensive high facility sites if you are there at the right time! .. but non-refundable, though were valid for 2 years. I haven't used them but have the book and thought about getting them for the end of August!

Derek

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
if you have a caravan club credit card you can change 2500 points for one cheque

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I agree with information in the above posts, the savings made can be substantial, well worth looking at is the Gold Card that way you don't have to bother with individual cheques and you can load the card up when you want it, personally I would not go into Europe without ours.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Clay
There is also another one called ACSI camping card same type of thing,
but you get like a credit card to use and a book with all the sites and a map and is used in all the European countries....purchased from Vicarious books at Folkstone ...you can do it on the internet...I think it is about £10.00.....then when you get to the campsite you want and they take ACSI cards you will only pay 11...13..or 15 euros maximum even if the site is 28 or 38 euros per night.....hope this helps and does not confuse you
here is a link Link Removed
Mel :thumb:

OP
OP
clayx

clayx

Free Member
Oct 21, 2009
south wales
Funster No
Exp
thanks all for the info, i had an idea what it was all about but i now understand fully. asking real people who actually use and have an understanding of these things i find a lot better than goggling it off some website.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back