CAMPING CHEQUES-Tell me please (1 Viewer)

Denny

Free Member
Mar 26, 2008
UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since May 2008
Can anyone tell me how useful Camping Cheques are.
The Camping Cheque web site has ferry deals which include a minimum of three Cheques.
We have never used Camping Cheques and know nothing about them.
Do they have a limited use and are they good value ?
Any comments would be appreciated.
Denny.

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Camping Cheques

We buy our camping cheques from the caravan club when booking the ferry because it gives you a lower price using ITX fares.
We usually find when adding 7 cheques the ferry price is the same or sometimes cheaper than a ferry booked direct or with no cheques.
We have used the cheques in France, Germany and Austria.
Just turn up at the site and hand over the cheque.
The only extra you will be charged is the local tax payable on some sites,
or extra electricity we got caught out once by using our electric heaters.We now use gas in the winter.
We have used the cheques in Germany over the Christmas period you just need to check in the book that you get with the cheques which sites accept them on what dates.
We are off to Scandanavia at the end of the May and we will be taking some with us.
You can get a Silver card to load the cheques on to that still makes them valid for 2 years.
Or a gold card gives you 4 years use both card are charged for so at present we only use the paper cheques
Hope this helps.- Sue :thumb:

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
For off peak Camping, ACSI and camping cheques both good. In Rome for instance, great site, we used camping cheques (€14 + tax). Staying theere and paying would have been €30 ish....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Camping Cheques

In our family, I write and get us into trouble, the Senior Partner does the sums and gets us out of trouble, or stops me in advance. So she's contributed this:

All reductions are useful so we use Camping Cheque Gold Card; ACSI Camping Card and carry a Camping Card International. For camping abroad, low season, long term, they are essential. There's a huge choice of campsites, too. We put the details of all the available sites on our Satnav, so we can choose as we travel.

The Camping Cheques (www.campingcheque.co.uk ) - the site's offline for maintenace at this minute - are payable in advance so you need to consider how many nights you will be using them. Their campsites are really good and a lot of British people use them. You can find loads of information on the website including all the campsites.

The ACSI card (www.campingcard.com) is simply a directory with all the campsites in the scheme. You pay at the campsite - 11,13 or 15 euros last year - very good value.

The CCI card is essential as an identity card, instead of depostiing your passports and has some 3rd party insurance cover. You get it from affiliated clubs such as Caravan Club; RAC etc. It gives reductions at some campsites.

There are also Touring Cheques (www.touringcheque.co.uk.) which are prepaid paper cheques and cover generally good campsites but there are not very many.

All except CCI reductions include electricity in the price but I think that the ACSI ones are limited from this year (see p8 of handbook). It should be adequate though. Don't forget that all these are stand alone and there are no double discounts, you have to choose which to use at each campsite and the most important thing is that they are low season only. If you buy with ferry inclusive you should budget for compulsory travel insurance as part of the T&C of sale - if you are off for 3 months this could be very expensive! Also, where you've paid in advance, you don't run into credit card limits so quickly!

sostas

Free Member
Nov 16, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
We have used Camping Cheques for several years - especially in countries where sites tend to be expensive. e.g. Holland and Italy.
We find that it is usually cheaper to buy the Cheques and to book the ferry separately, they (C.Ch.) will then charge an admin. fee - £6.00 the last time I looked, so if you buy 20 cheques then they in effect cost an additional 30p.
Worth bearing in mind is that the Cheques are valid for two years - ACSI is only valid for one.
Sostas :Smile:

ritaderek

Free Member
Jul 29, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
Exp
used to use camping cheques but have moved onto ACSI as its more flexible as you only pay when you use a site whereas you have to buy camping cheques up front. I think that there are also more ACSI sites across Europe but aren't sure, I expect someone will have the details.
The ACSI cd rom is also useful as it has many more sites as well as lots of useful features.

aande

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
Funster No
Camping Cheques

For off peak Camping, ACSI and camping cheques both good. In Rome for instance, great site, we used camping cheques (€14 + tax). Staying theere and paying would have been €30 ish....

could you please tell me the site in Rome that accepts camping cheques?

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
We use cheques, cheaper and paid for in advance, one thing to bear in mind quite a few of their sites are "away from it all" which is why they are in the scheme (you may of course wish to be in the middle of nowhere) so do study any sites you intend staying at. Sites in busy areas e.g. S of France do not always welcome you with open arms close to the cut off dates.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back