Camping @ Center Parcs and Overnight parking Harwich Ferry. (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Morning !

I have booked the campsite at Port Zeeland.

We are using the Stena Hook of Holland ferry. We have used this many times but usually only overnight.

Does anyone know of a safe place to stay near Harwich the night before .

We have to be at the port for 8 am ?.

TM

Apr 27, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
a-classs
Exp
Just came home from holland
Morning !

I have booked the campsite at Port Zeeland.

We are using the Stena Hook of Holland ferry. We have used this many times but usually only overnight.

Does anyone know of a safe place to stay near Harwich the night before .

We have to be at the port for 8 am ?.

TM

We have just returned from holland when we went from harwich we stayed at the port got there at 11pm there were plenty of motorhome already parked up on the left hand side of the parking area

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Just came home from holland

We have just returned from holland when we went from harwich we stayed at the port got there at 11pm there were plenty of motorhome already parked up on the left hand side of the parking area

Thank you, I will try that

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
Sorry only just seen this as we are travelling. There was no shortage of space. Once the edges were full, people began to park a bit further in. Nobody blocked anyone and you’re all going on the same ferry, so it would never be an issue.

The only issue we did have was the realisation we had forgotten most of the tea bags! An early morning walk to Morrison’s petrol station yielded a few more. It opens at 6 and the main shop opens at 7, which I felt was a bit tight. However, they don’t start checking in spot on 7 and boarding wasn’t until 8ish, so last minute stuff could be bought from the shop, about 10 minutes walk away.

I’d certainly do it again, even though we only live an hour away. It saves having to worry about the traffic on the A12 or A120.

Enjoy your trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 16, 2021
Andover, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam T- 590
Exp
Since 2013
Coming from Hampshire and if we take the Harwich-Hoek day crossing, the Premier Inn is a stone's throw from the harbour and has good guest parking.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back