Camping & Caravanning Club annoying website (1 Viewer)

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
So, after plumbing the depths of the Club website I eventually found the guide I was looking for:

SiteSeeker 2021-22: The sites guide for members of The Camping and Caravanning Club​

But no indication of how to get hold of one. No link, no button, nothing.

Further investigation seems to indicate this will soon be made available to "Paper members". My membership is a digital one. Does this mean I am excluded from getting hold of this guide? Can this be for real? Someone please tell me I am missing some obvious simple step that will get me the guide.............

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
When you subscribe and select digital you will not get the guide , if you go for paper copy then you get the guide ,but pay a few pounds more !!!

Been there and got the T shirt
If I understand you correctly, there is no way to order the guide if you are a digital member?

How stupid is that? I don't remember signing up to a reduced quality of membership by going digital.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
How stupid is that? I don't remember signing up to a reduced quality of membership by going digital.
Surely you realised that a cheaper "digital" membership was all err digital, no paper publications.
As the club saves money, they pass on the savings...
The CAMC don't.

Have you tried eBay?
I bought a National Trust guide from there

Upvote 0
Jan 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van
Exp
15 yrs
If I understand you correctly, there is no way to order the guide if you are a digital member?

its not a reduced quality of membership. You chose a cheaper option with a digital copy instead of hard copy. When i joined i purposely paid a little more to get the paper copy. Why would they have two prices and give you exactly the same?

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I opted out of the CAMC's syrupy magazine full of adverts and advertorial as it was so awful but I don't get any reduction in the subscription. Obviously they don't want a falling readership or businesses wouldn't be so keen to advertise there and the CAMC would have to reduce their advertising rates.

Upvote 0

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!

From the site:

Additional copies of the book are available for £10 by calling our Service Centre on 024 7647 5442.

Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984

You don't get the magazine either, although that's no great loss

Upvote 0
Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
I opted out of the CAMC's syrupy magazine full of adverts and advertorial as it was so awful but I don't get any reduction in the subscription. Obviously they don't want a falling readership or businesses wouldn't be so keen to advertise there and the CAMC would have to reduce their advertising rates.
Ah, didn't realise you could opt out of the CaMC magazine? I'd pay NOT to have it, save me having to dump it straight in the recycling and save a teeny bit of the planet.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years

From the site:

Additional copies of the book are available for £10 by calling our Service Centre on 024 7647 5442.
Thanks. Some useful information finally. Hope you don't have to be a paper member to be allowed the priviledge of paying £10 for a copy of the guide. I will try tomorrow. BTW, it would have been cheaper to opt for paper membership.

When I chose digital membership I had expected to miss out on magazines and mailings etc, not on something that most clubs would consider to be an integral part of membership. (CAMC for example).

Reactions: M-J
Upvote 0
OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp