Camping & Caravan Club - La Manga Winter Rally (1 Viewer)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
After the hell-hole known as Cap Blanche at Altea,

I keep telling people to go there, what went wrong ?

One of the best locations we've every stayed in. Campsite is basic but it was full of lovely Dutch people.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I keep telling people to go there, what went wrong ?

One of the best locations we've every stayed in. Campsite is basic but it was full of lovely Dutch people.
Too noisy. Too busy. Too crowded.
All nearby bars were on roads and noisy.

And 90% Dutch :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The trouble with C&CC overseas rallies is you have to use their ferry booking service otherwise they charge you £75 booking fee to join the rally, they told us they had to do this as the overseas rallies are subsidised by the ferry booking so possibly explains why their ferry quotes are not so competitive.

We wanted to join friends in Spain earlier this year and as the C&CC had block booked pitches which were free and the site was otherwise full we had little option other than paying the fine, sorry booking fee just for a week.

Incidentally we went from there to Cap Blanche and liked it, especially the position.

Martin

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
The trouble with C&CC overseas rallies is you have to use their ferry booking service otherwise they charge you £75 booking fee to join the rally, they told us they had to do this as the overseas rallies are subsidised by the ferry booking so possibly explains why their ferry quotes are not so competitive.

We wanted to join friends in Spain earlier this year and as the C&CC had block booked pitches which were free and the site was otherwise full we had little option other than paying the fine, sorry booking fee just for a week.

Incidentally we went from there to Cap Blanche and liked it, especially the position.

Martin
That seems insane. Couldn't you just turn up and join in?

OP
OP
Phil J.

Phil J.

Free Member
Dec 21, 2014
Clay Cross, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 696
Exp
Yes, there is a £75 booking fee but we booked Newhaven/Dieppe with them for September and it was the best deal. However, I do understand anyone questioning the booking fee. By the way, I can tell you that The Club has a block booking of just less than 200 pitches at La Manga.

Camping Cap Blanche, although close to Altea is in a place called Albir. Albir is known as little Norway due to the huge number of Norwegians there - the town council even provides a social centre for them. There are a good number of Dutch there too and many stay at Cap Blanche. Although we didn't stay there we did have a good look at it with a view for staying there this year. We didn't have the motorhome at the time so stayed in a static caravan in Albir for 3 months. Both the place we stayed and Cap Blanch, unlike many Campings are virtually in the town and are likely to have busier surroundings than somewhere out of a town. Albir has a great choice of places to go and restaurants and because of the numbers of expat residents both English and other northern Europeans is more lively all year round.

Cap Blanch and La Manga are very different and I like both for different reasons - personal choice at the end of the day.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
That seems insane. Couldn't you just turn up and join in?

No available spaces on the site, other than the block booked C&CC ones and you can't join the rally without a booking through their overseas travel service.

Martin

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I am surprised no places at La Manga though? . First 2 times we went, we got in "on spec" as they say?. I was parked next too the C&CC "lot"!. on the front row.

I am trying to remember which is Camping Marjal?. is that nr Benidorm? north of the ring road?

Pete

Jul 21, 2013
Vienne France
Funster No
MH
VW T4 & MC LOUIS 671
Exp
2013 / 2004
To Phil and Ena I hope you had a good trip down and that you enjoy your first day tomorow xx

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
There's a Marjal site in guardamar? Very popular with Germans and Brits. We should have been there now but events changed plans. Hoping to get on in a few weeks.:)

OP
OP
Phil J.

Phil J.

Free Member
Dec 21, 2014
Clay Cross, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 696
Exp
Hiya.
Hope you have a fab time bet you cant wait to get out there. I have heard all about the fun things out there.

On a personal side of this post .
My mother and farther in law Sandria and David (who are funsters) are out there at the moment untill march . Please say hi to them and give them both a hug from us. we keep sending emails but they not responding. i hope they are having fun.
Please look after them for us :) we are missing them lots.

Hi,
We will pop round to see them in the next couple of days - what are your names?
Cheers
Phil

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Been there once and never again, pitches have bushes 10 ft tall and once in them you are isolated !!
Other downside was I was bitten by a spider ( so said the doctor) went to reception to ask for advice about the bite as my forearm had swollen to twice normal size !! no one there was interested.
We left and drove to Cartagena hospital. where I was treated very well by the staff there, given an injection and some pills. They wanted me to stay in overnight but wife was terrified to be left on her own so declined. The doctor then arranged that we could park our motorhome in a hospital car park at no cost to save me driving, great service, much appreciated.
Btw most of the La Manga strip is closed over winter ! there is a good supermarket not far from campsite though !!

Jul 21, 2013
Vienne France
Funster No
MH
VW T4 & MC LOUIS 671
Exp
2013 / 2004
Hi,
We will pop round to see them in the next couple of days - what are your names?
Cheers
Phil
Hope you had a good first day yesterday. We are Paul and lisa . Its pauls mum and dad thats out there David and Sandria in there motorhome.
Thakns for saying hi to them :)

Jul 21, 2013
Vienne France
Funster No
MH
VW T4 & MC LOUIS 671
Exp
2013 / 2004
Its Sandrias birthday today and they are partying . Just managed to talk to them on the phone sounds like they having fun :)

OP
OP
Phil J.

Phil J.

Free Member
Dec 21, 2014
Clay Cross, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 696
Exp
Happy new year to you too :)
Hi,
I met Sandria and Dave yesterday - Lovely people. It appears they lost their internet connection when they moved pitch but it's sorted now. The internet system, although you do pay for it, is excellent.
We're three days in now and loving it. The folks staying here are very nice and having a great time. There's plenty to do if you want to or just relax on the sun.
Cheers
Phil

Jul 21, 2013
Vienne France
Funster No
MH
VW T4 & MC LOUIS 671
Exp
2013 / 2004
Aww fab thabkyou for saying hi to them. Glad you enjoying the nice weather its awful here so you not missing much

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Hi,
I met Sandria and Dave yesterday - Lovely people. It appears they lost their internet connection when they moved pitch but it's sorted now. The internet system, although you do pay for it, is excellent.
We're three days in now and loving it. The folks staying here are very nice and having a great time. There's plenty to do if you want to or just relax on the sun.
Cheers
Phil
Came on the rally at the end of October and on K121, this will be our 10th year here so if you need any local knowledge then just pay us a visit.

Mike

OP
OP
Phil J.

Phil J.

Free Member
Dec 21, 2014
Clay Cross, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 696
Exp
Came on the rally at the end of October and on K121, this will be our 10th year here so if you need any local knowledge then just pay us a visit.

Mike

Thanks for that Mike.
We'll have a chat later.
Cheers
Phil

Lindacarole

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta Van
Exp
Now a year !

Mike

Will take you up on that if you are still on site when we arrive.
Not leaving for another 9 weeks so will be on site in march :))
Linda

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back