Camping-Car Park - price increase (1 Viewer)

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
I had an email from Camping-Car Park yesterday to announce that they've been ordered by the government to apply TVA at the full rate of 20% rather than the 10% former rate. It seems they will be challenging this but, from 1st Jan they've had to increase prices by 10%.

I use them when there's no easy alternative, so won't have a huge impact on me.

Captain Pants

Free Member
Dec 19, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg PVC
Exp
Since 1982
I had an email from Camping-Car Park yesterday to announce that they've been ordered by the government to apply TVA at the full rate of 20% rather than the 10% former rate. It seems they will be challenging this but, from 1st Jan they've had to increase prices by 10%.

Never been all that impressed with them, the App is (was?) poor and some of the sites aren’t well maintained. I cancelled my subscription last year as there are better alternatives.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thin end of the wedge I warned about in another thread where everyone was bulling them up, once they have got a major portion of free Aires signed up you will soon see the price rise.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Might be worth reloading app, it works well for me on pc and iPad. I think they add a good product to the mix which in France ranges from free aires to expensive holiday camp sites. Electricity, water, waste and occasionally wi if for a £10. Often in excellent locations, like most things in life suits some not others at least we have the choice in France

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thin end of the wedge I warned about in another thread where everyone was bulling them up, once they have got a major portion of free Aires signed up you will soon see the price rise.
Yes but the 10% price increase is due to them having to pay double the VAT, from 10% to 20%. No increased returns to them.

Captain Pants

Free Member
Dec 19, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg PVC
Exp
Since 1982
Subscription??
I had an account with booking option which had to be renewed each year and now I don’t. Your question suggests you know something I don’t so maybe arrangements have changed in recent times? Still wasn’t impressed with them tho’.

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

Have they said they are increasing prices by 10% because an increase of 10% on the vat would only equate to a 9% increase .

Deleted User
I had an account with booking option which had to be renewed each year and now I don’t. Your question suggests you know something I don’t so maybe arrangements have changed in recent times? Still wasn’t impressed with them tho’.

I had forgotten about that option (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back