Camping-car park card for France ? (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Do you know that for certain? You can enter just to use the services, so does it not allow that if all the spaces are taken? I recently wanted to use the CCP aire in Nantes, it allowed me in, but it was actually full. I drove straight out and didn’t get charged, and used the camp site next door.

Yes, because that is what actually happened to me at exactly the same site at Nantes. Drove up to the barrier and topped up the card. Attempted to get in only to be told that it was full and the barriers would not let me in. I had to go to the site next door at nearly 4 times the cost because I had a date with an elephant the next day.

The next morning I noticed there were several places unoccupied so drove round to the barrier again and put in the card and the barrier let me in. We parked up and then got the tram to my date.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Yes, because that is what actually happened to me at exactly the same site at Nantes. Drove up to the barrier and topped up the card. Attempted to get in only to be told that it was full and the barriers would not let me in.
How odd. I even confirmed on the web site that the site was full. There were definitely no spaces, but admittedly I didn’t count the vans.

Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
We're finally beginning to understand that. We're on a campsite at Bayeux as im still uneasy at looking around for Aires at weekends but come Monday I'll be looking for the again. The all the Aires books and campercontact are great resources.

We were on the Honfleur aire earlier on our (first French tour) and it was mostly A class. Here its mostly non A class. Apart from the difference in geography, it makes we wonder if A class owners are keener to get a return on their outlay.

Half the fun of our trips is seeking out lesser known free , or nearly free Aires we use park4night when we get somewhere we want to stay then click on "around me" and loads will come up but you have to read the details and comments to make sure it's not just a layby.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We arrived at one of their sites picked by friends as a rendezvous, without a card. After a bit of a kerfuffle and with the help of a Frenchman trying to leave we paid €16, which I now work out must have been €4 for the card and €12 for the site fee.

The card was issued but did not activate the gate. The Frenchman called 'Control' who checked and remotely issued a new card from the machine. That also did not work. We asked them to cancel the whole transaction and left to meet our friends elsewhere.

We suspect that although the machine accepted our card that when cross-checking it did not like our Debit Card issued by a Dutch bank in Poland, but will never know.

Geoff

Oct 16, 2018
CHESTERFIELD DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
PILOTE
Exp
Long enough
We turned up at the Souillac Aire on the Dordogne yesterday and found the Aire had been completely changed from the Aire we visited a couple of years ago.
There are now about 40 pitches marked out and ample turning and parking space.
We needed to purchase a Camping-Car Park card (€4) to get in.
The charge was just over €9 for staying 24 hours which included 6A hookup, water and waste disposal.
We haven't been on hookup for the 12 days we've been in France so it seemed a reasonable idea to give the batteries a good charge.
Very quiet overnight stay and short walk for a baguette.
The €9 has doubled the amount we've spent so far on overnight stops - but money isn't everything, is it ?
Hope this helps.

:france: :france::france::france:

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back