Camping-Car Park - another one bites the dust (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Can't be bothered arguing your other comments, which are not the case, but the pressure one is simply not right, you very rarely see any one unless you go looking for them and we have never bought anything we didn't want or need and they still wave you off if they see you go.
But on the other side we haven't been in it for a couple of years now even before covid, as,as you say a lot of places never ask for anything, and we still have a 2018 book which does the job, but for someone new to France and don't feel ready to use free Aires they are an ideal start at real France not some gloryfied campsite trying to persuade folks they are on an Aire.
Once on one and got money on it will they ever experience real France, don't think so it will be like camping clubs here.
It always tickles me when anyone mentions the 'real' France or Spain or Portugal.
Believe me wineries, vineyards, chateaux are not the real France or the real anywhere, it is the rural side of the country, which is what a lot of us want.
It is like calling pretty Cotswold villages or staying on a Cider farm in Herefordshire the real England!

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I use free 'parking' most of the time, Aires and occasional sites. I would not use a crowded Aire. CCP are something in between a site and an Aire - space - a separate 'bay', EHU, water, dump and ability to arrive and leave whenever you want at a reasonable price.... just part of the mix... (y)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
A lot of the CCP Aires are in very popular locations and if you join thePrivelge programme you can actually book a space which does give peace of mind if you want to stay in a particular town/village and not having to keep moving until you find a Aire with space.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It always tickles me when anyone mentions the 'real' France or Spain or Portugal.
Believe me wineries, vineyards, chateaux are not the real France or the real anywhere, it is the rural side of the country, which is what a lot of us want.
It is like calling pretty Cotswold villages or staying on a Cider farm in Herefordshire the real England!
You are right in part but the real France is not campsites or tourist areas any more than Blackpool is the real England.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I trust you are not meaning me, as we go out to the cafes and bars and the shops wherever we stop, particularly markets, and we always pay if there's a charge, unlike most french.
Of course not but they are out there and many overstay their welcome, l do agree with you about the French they appear to spend very little compared to other nationalities.

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
We are very happy to be members of CCP, they are smartening up a number of traditional aires some of which had fallen into disrepair that perhaps the local Marie couldn’t afford to maintain. They are often in central locations for those of us that enjoy a walk around the village/town and perhaps a glass of wine at the end of the day.
I was emailed by CCP last year informing us they are looking into developing some aire style stopovers in the U.K. I don’t know how much progress they have made but I can’t help thinking that CAMpRA’s efforts would be better spent working with CCP rather than trying to persuade cash starved councils to build facilities for those of us that are lucky enough to own a Motorhome/camper van.

Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Do you have to create an account to order the card as it doesn't appear possible to click on anything else that works?
I am not sure as we did ours at the entrance (it does take a while to do so you may create a traffic jam, we did :roflmto: ) so maybe best to create account then ADD to cart per the below screen shot.

EDIT: I just logged in and clicked the ADD to Cart button and it would not let me buy another one as it said i already had one so i guess you need to register then go back once logged in and add the pass to your cart.

1627048201800.png

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I wonder what the leases are that Mairies have granted to CCP? Three years, five years?

I also wonder what some left-wing Mairies will do at the end of the leases when CCP have installed the infrastructure. Not extend the leases?

I am still sitting on the fence as to whether the concept is a good idea.

If the company went bust what would the municipalities do?

Geoff

Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
I wonder what the leases are that Mairies have granted to CCP? Three years, five years?

I also wonder what some left-wing Mairies will do at the end of the leases when CCP have installed the infrastructure. Not extend the leases?

I am still sitting on the fence as to whether the concept is a good idea.

If the company went bust what would the municipalities do?

Geoff
I guess the Aire would close like it would have done if the municipality did not transfer it to CCP?

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
There is always the option not to use them . There are still plenty of free Aires for those who don’t want to pay . But is sure cheaper than camp sites in the U.K. and often nearer towns and tourist spots .
Personally and many members of our club are happy to use them if they are in a place which is convenient to where they want to be . I am on a Facebook page for Aires recommendations and surprised at the number of paid Aires which are posted as excellent

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
freeloading off the French local community.
Please don't tar everyone with the same brush.

We're spending plenty over here in France, just not on Aires or CCP's.

We signed up for CCP as a fall back, but haven't needed to use them yet.
Too many of the ones we have seen are more like campsites than Aires so they will remain a last resort.

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
Of course not but they are out there and many overstay their welcome, l do agree with you about the French they appear to spend very little compared to other nationalities.
In my experience it is the local motorhomers who seem to set the alarm to get up and out before the guy comes to collect payment!

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We use CCP when they are convenient for us they are excellent and they are just another option to use, surely all alternatives to nothing are good for all of us, people that decry them as money grabbing etc etc, are probably proper FLT’s and would never use anything like that at all so how would they even know what they are like🤔 and usually first to moan about them😂😂

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
It's not that we don't want to pay, it's just that we don't want to pay for something that we don't want.

Our favourite location is either totally remote or an Aire that is part of a small rural community with only few camper places and certainly no fence. An EHU is totally un-necessary, fresh water, grey & black waste are needed every two or three days and we don't mind paying for those services.

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
We joined as we were in Saumur and even though there are a number of free aires in the area we like the proximity of the island and it was cheaper than the old municipal campsite. Their site in Le Crotoy is 1 mile or so out of town on a busy road with limited pavement although less sandy and busy than the municipal one on the dunes. As for La Canourgue, the last time we were there we over indulged in the local hostelries and spent on cheese, alone, enough to toe curl about in the morning :). This will encourage us to try other towns on the same road.
I would certainly have the card even if you only intend to use it as backup and easier to set up in the UK than work through the initial gate process.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I feel I may of sidetracked this thread a bit, the tenner at the moment may seem to be cheap, I have paid as much on an Aire and it won't make the slightest bit of difference to me for what traveling I have left, no, I am thinking of when this company has the upper hand in available Aires, when you can gaurantee the price is going to go through the roof and another down side, it's started already, is you are going to find all the villages are going to stop parking and direct you to these sites.
I just feel sorry for the folks just starting out going to France and missing what we have had all these years.
And ok it's ok for all you people with pots of money, what about all the kids in VW's and the like where are they going to go, because you can bet your bottom dollar wild camping is going to be outlawed to push you on to these camps.

Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
I feel I may of sidetracked this thread a bit, the tenner at the moment may seem to be cheap, I have paid as much on an Aire and it won't make the slightest bit of difference to me for what traveling I have left, no, I am thinking of when this company has the upper hand in available Aires, when you can gaurantee the price is going to go through the roof and another down side, it's started already, is you are going to find all the villages are going to stop parking and direct you to these sites.
I just feel sorry for the folks just starting out going to France and missing what we have had all these years.
And ok it's ok for all you people with pots of money, what about all the kids in VW's and the like where are they going to go, because you can bet your bottom dollar wild camping is going to be outlawed to push you on to these camps.
Sorry but at €10 - €12 a night they are still cheap even for youngsters in VW's. IF you look at the cost to install solar, refillable gas maybe an inverter then the young un's with a VW could have perhaps 200 nights on an Aire with EHU included for €10 a night without having to gear themselves up to be off grid which for most people at work is probably 10 years holidays!

I think you are just anti CCP but of course your choice to use them or not. In Germany it seems €10 a night is the norm then EHU and services extra so not unusual price.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I’m so glad you mentioned the Marie because it reminded me that on a number of occasions l have actually had the Marie come and greet us and thank us for staying in their Village.
How brilliant is that,it melts my heart in this day and age.
A little known fact in the old days if a village didn't have an Aire you could park at the Marie.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sorry but at €10 - €12 a night they are still cheap even for youngsters in VW's. IF you look at the cost to install solar, refillable gas maybe an inverter then the young un's with a VW could have perhaps 200 nights on an Aire with EHU included for €10 a night without having to gear themselves up to be off grid which for most people at work is probably 10 years holidays!

I think you are just anti CCP but of course your choice to use them or not. In Germany it seems €10 a night is the norm then EHU and services extra so not unusual price.
Its 10 euros now :doh: :(

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Not anti nothing, but I have come across many firms that are all sweetness and light when they looking for your business till they have pushed all the others out then look out.

Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
Not anti nothing, but I have come across many firms that are all sweetness and light when they looking for your business till they have pushed all the others out then look out.
I think you are confusing CCP with UK Dealers ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back