Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Camping Butterfly, Pesciera del Garda.

Long ago, it was tour guide on The Dark Side that recommended this to us. We first used it as a stop-over to Venice. It was much better than he said it was.

The town was so good, the campsite was so good I "towed" 12 FUNster vans there the next year and we stayed for 10 days. Not one person was disappointed. From there the train gets you to Venice, Verona, Milan, efficiently and cheap. From there the boats take you the length of the lake, not so cheap but an unforgettable experience.

Next year in September, we wanted to stay on the way home from Sorrento but it was full. In fact it's often full. That says it all. Instead we stayed in Camping Cappucchino just the other side of town. An equally good experience.

Now a seemingly impatient member is slagging it off because of slow staff and poor WiFi. This is Italy, they do fast only behind the wheel of a car and if WiFi can ruin a holiday it's not a holiday.

I urge you all to visit Camping Butterfly and if you book well in advance the price is most attractive. Here is what you will miss if you fail to take this advice.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Camping Butterfly, Pesciera del Garda.

Long ago, it was tour guide on The Dark Side that recommended this to us. We first used it as a stop-over to Venice. It was much better than he said it was.

The town was so good, the campsite was so good I "towed" 12 FUNster vans there the next year and we stayed for 10 days. Not one person was disappointed. From there the train gets you to Venice, Verona, Milan, efficiently and cheap. From there the boats take you the length of the lake, not so cheap but an unforgettable experience.

Next year in September, we wanted to stay on the way home from Sorrento but it was full. In fact it's often full. That says it all. Instead we stayed in Camping Cappucchino just the other side of town. An equally good experience.

Now a seemingly impatient member is slagging it off because of slow staff and poor WiFi. This is Italy, they do fast only behind the wheel of a car and if WiFi can ruin a holiday it's not a holiday.

I urge you all to visit Camping Butterfly and if you book well in advance the price is most attractive. Here is what you will miss if you fail to take this advice.

[HI].[/HI]

Stop posting links to your photographic blog:Angry: ::bigsmile:

Looks fantastic.

I dont care about queues to check in. My wife is the checkerinner:thumb:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
that old desert motorbike looks like its got rigid suspension on both ends.....that's gonna hurt......:ROFLMAO:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
brian is it true or not that the net can only be bought at certain hours and are the staff impolite and not bothered
your reply may change my mind on a visit there or not
and you r right the net aint that important

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
brian is it true or not that the net can only be bought at certain hours and are the staff impolite and not bothered
your reply may change my mind on a visit there or not
and you r right the net aint that important

That was not the case when we were there, however I have no reason to doubt what the guy says about time of purchase. This does not mean time of use of course.

Polite is a two way transaction, I find that if you are polite and patient with hard working people they are usually polite to you. Thrusting a press card in their faces and demanding they break their employer's rules does not sound a brilliant way to get a sympathetic response.

We had no complaints about the staff on 3 visits. It's a popular busy site, there were queues to get in.

Camping Cappucchino is just the other side of town, WiFi only in the bar, not as nice a pool area but right on the lake shore and very convenient for town.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
If you believe all reviews you would go nowhere and never own a swift.

I prefer to read reviews but make my own mind up :roflmto:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i always take account other peoples experience it normally helps but as what brian says its more to the point as to the way you are to people that they are to you i will try the site next time im in Italy down near pesceria there are a few great sites so if that 1 doesnt do the job for us then we will move :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back