camping at xmas in the uk (1 Viewer)

Jul 21, 2013
Vienne France
Funster No
MH
VW T4 & MC LOUIS 671
Exp
2013 / 2004
Go on then how many of you are camping in the uk at xmas ? and where you off to?.
Also any reccomendations of festive/new year sites.

I will start :)
After familiy issues as there is only hubby myself and our baby (our doggi) we decided to escape from all the stress and camp for the first time over xmas. We are off to elan village mid wales hoping to do some sightseeing cycling and star gazing.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Lake District followed by Galloway forest then onto family in Ayr,
Peace and solitude away from the hype of Christmas !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Three of the best Christmasses we had were at the CC Club site, Exmoor House in Dulverton. One year we went to the local hostelry for Christmas Day lunch, the next year we had a 3-bird roast from Aldi and the last time, we had a small joint of beef.
Walk dinner off after on Exmoor.just peace and quiet as Christmas should be (imho of course). Just the beautiful wife, a glass or two and a large boxer dog draped across your feet. Heaven. I hope everyone has a bit of heaven this year. Merry Christmas to you all.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Three of the best Christmasses we had were at the CC Club site, Exmoor House in Dulverton. One year we went to the local hostelry for Christmas Day lunch, the next year we had a 3-bird roast from Aldi and the last time, we had a small joint of beef.
Walk dinner off after on Exmoor.just peace and quiet as Christmas should be (imho of course). Just the beautiful wife, a glass or two and a large boxer dog draped across your feet. Heaven. I hope everyone has a bit of heaven this year. Merry Christmas to you all.

Is that the wife and dog draped across your feet ?:xwink:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Knaresborough CC site from 24th to 27th, visit rellies on Christmas Day. Then York for a couple of days, before going to CC&C Notts DA New Year meet at Newark Showground. Home to do a bit of laundry then pack the van up and off to Maroc on Jan 6th for three months.

Last edited:

sleep e carr

Free Member
Nov 30, 2008
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express 6 birth
Exp
Since 1970 first van converted police van
Go on then how many of you are camping in the uk at xmas ? and where you off to?.
Also any reccomendations of festive/new year sites.

I will start :)
After familiy issues as there is only hubby myself and our baby (our doggi) we decided to escape from all the stress and camp for the first time over xmas. We are off to elan village mid wales hoping to do some sightseeing cycling and star gazing.
We are off to see my niece in hertford, then to Cromer for christmas eve and christmas day then down the coast to Yarmouth, Beccles and Wangford for the New year. Wife and I and our baby the dogie

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We are off to see my niece in hertford, then to Cromer for christmas eve and christmas day then down the coast to Yarmouth, Beccles and Wangford for the New year. Wife and I and our baby the dogie

Where in Wangford?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
any reccomendations of festive/new year sites.

Spent Christmas and New year at Aviemore in our caravan Dec 1999 .. great site and great atmosphere .. to bring in the new millennium we had a midnight BBQ on the frozen loch..

we hired skis to get around the site..

Glenmore Caravan and Camping Site
Glenmore
Aviemore, Inverness-Shire PH22 1QU

it was cold.. and it snowed a lot.. boys slept in the awning..
BROKEN LINK

BROKEN LINK

BROKEN LINK

BROKEN LINK

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We're home for Xmas and Boxing Day with family and friends joining us then off on 30th for 4 days to brickhouse caravan site in Chipping. Great site in small village with a great atmosphere, 2 dog friendly pubs, a couple of shops for basics and a great farm shop. Site always books up early as so good. We've even booked already for next year to guarantee a spot.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
local pub near sister in law used to be called poacher I think have not been there in a while, stopping overnight at southwold are you going to be that way

The Suffolk Poacher became the Angel Inn over 20 years ago ... maybe more. We go there for a meal each time we go to Wangford but won't be up there this Xmas. Have a good time.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Our firast Winter use of the Motorhome, We are staying at Eye Kettleby Lakes Leicestershire for 3 nights from Christmas Eve then 4-5 nights in Yourkshire.
Hope heating will work well.

Nov 21, 2011
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 400
Exp
7 years
Christmas Day at home. Boxing day off to Cambridge Cherry Hinton. Club site in a quarry really quiet in the Winter, there to the New year.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Abandoned the family and are spending Christmas at Ayr Holiday Park overlooking the sea at St Ives, Cornwall and then on to Looe for New Year...oh yes, via Baltic Wharf, Bristol where we are presently sampling a fine glass of Merlot..or three :)

Looking forward to enjoying a flask of mulled wine and mince pies on the beach on Christmas Day morning :)

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
My daughters are off to New York and Devon with their partners. Myself and Memsahib are off on 24th until 28th with our 3 dogs,to CC site at Chirk.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hello funsters!
We are currently at the CC site in Littlehampton and it's heaving it down:xsad: We've been away since 26th November, spent a few days at the CC site near Knaresborough and then spent a few days at Chatsworth.

We are heading for Dartmouth and will spend Christmas at Hillhead CC site, this is our first Christmas away from home in the van.......

Margaret & Bill:xsmile:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Knaresborough CC site from 24th to 27th, visit rellies on Christmas Day. Then York for a couple of days, before going to CC&C Notts DA New Year meet at Newark Showground. Home to do a bit of laundry then pack the van up and off to Maroc on Jan 6th for three months.

We spent a few days at Knaresborough at the end of November, we can recommend the Guy Fawke's Inn just a short walk up the hill from the site. Super pub with great log fire and the meals are great too:xThumb:

Margaret

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back