Camping Armacao De Pera (Algarve,near Albufeira) (1 Viewer)

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
Anyone know anything about the above campsite . Reading through the posts it looks like Pedro's is fully booked for Christmas .
Bit of feedback before I attempt a phone call would be appreciated.
I've got to phone as no-one on the continent seems interested in answering their emails, very frustrating!!!
Thanks in advance:D

OP
OP
gibbon

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
I suppose no news could be good news. If it was rubbish someone would have remembered .

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Been passed but never stayed, but it looked OK. I would think you will be OK before Xmas as many go South after New Year.

Another nice looking site at Alvor just further West.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gibbon

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
Been passed but never stayed, but it looked OK. I would think you will be OK before Xmas as many go South after New Year.

Another nice looking site at Alvor just further West.

Thanks Keith , I've just given them a call & apparently they have so much space we can just turn up when we want to. Also recommended by acsi with some decent reviews, not too expensive & near the sea(y)
We'll keep Alvor in mind just in case.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Can't help with recommendations with either site.

We past through the Algarve last year and stayed at the "Chicken run" and visited Alvor. Beautiful sea cliffs there and a lovely walk at low tide.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Thanks Keith , I've just given them a call & apparently they have so much space we can just turn up when we want to. Also recommended by acsi with some decent reviews, not too expensive & near the sea(y)
We'll keep Alvor in mind just in case.

Be interested in a review if you get to stay there.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Can't help with recommendations with either site.

We past through the Algarve last year and stayed at the "Chicken run" and visited Alvor. Beautiful sea cliffs there and a lovely walk at low tide.

And it also has a large aire type parking near the beach. We will be there January/February

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
As far as I am aware the municipal sites/aires/parking places in Portugal don't take bookings.

I have just moved from Alvor to Silves forca night via Praia da Rocha. There are spaces all over the place and that is not counting the Rufty Tufty off-site locations.

If you are feeling too calm and peaceful and need some stress and worry to keep you going just listen to all the wild campervan/motorhome rumours that fly all around the Algarve.

Word of mouth hey!

JJ :cool:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
As far as I am aware the municipal sites/aires/parking places in Portugal don't take bookings.

I have just moved from Alvor to Silves forca night via Praia da Rocha. There are spaces all over the place and that is not counting the Rufty Tufty off-site locations.

If you are feeling too calm and peaceful and need some stress and worry to keep you going just listen to all the wild campervan/motorhome rumours that fly all around the Algarve.

Word of mouth hey!

Comon then JJ spill the beans on all the gossip.

Reactions: JJ

Happycampers1

Free Member
Jun 18, 2014
St Leonards, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 665
Exp
Hi Gibbon, sorry for the delay in responding. We have been at Camping Armacao de Pera for about two weeks. They are very friendly and there is plenty of space, The price is around 13 euros which includes 10amp EHU, use of the pool, and wifi in the restautant.
Staff are very helpful and you get to pick your site (pitches not marked). I can be a little uneven but not too much of a problem. Our only criticism is the amount of flies but I understand that is a problem everywhere.
If you continue down to the beach there is a car park where parking of MH is 1.5 euros per night but no facilities.
We are about to move down to Alvor in a few days. This site has water, waste disposal and (soon) EHU all for around 5 euros per night.
Armacao de pera is a nice town, a bit of a walk, and not much to do. Some nice restaurants on the beach (try HERA for sardines).

Hope that helps but if you need any more info let me know.

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
As happy campers report but would add that the shower block is very fresh and airy first thing in the winter mornings and have two hookup leads, some electric points are a fair distance from where you can pitch.

OP
OP
gibbon

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks happycampers1 & Quickweh, definately sounds like its worth a look.
Alvor sounds good too. May bump into you if your still about in a few weeks :)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Apparently Bruno.. the young man running the KM 64 site on the N125 has gone missing...

So, apparently, has the money that was collected.

I was told this by Luis who said he is the owner of the land and site.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back