Camping and Leisure on Canvey Island today (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Had breakfast in a very misty Southend-on-Sea early today, we left home at 7am and were having salmon and scrambled egg breakfast in Rosses by 8am. Loads were out walking running and cycling in the autumn sunshine.
Anyway Camping and Leisure is a place that I tend to use for anything camping and I noticed that they had a 20% off sale this month so we popped over to Canvey Island and got quite a collection of bits and pieces. It is a genuine sale with 20% off of all marked prices so there are some real bargain's to be had either on line or visiting their warehouse.
https://www.campingandleisure.co.uk/

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
They must have been trading for over 50 years. Mum used to have a static at canvey when i was a youngster but they were in the town then. A great place to visit and staff very helpful.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
They must have been trading for over 50 years. Mum used to have a static at canvey when i was a youngster but they were in the town then. A great place to visit and staff very helpful.
I have used them for years for tents awnings chairs tables and every other bit of camping paraphernalia. There prices are competitive and the warehouse is large enough to have all the awnings and tents erected inside. I much prefer to shop here than at shows..(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
My first house was opposite that place! Had to take mortgage over 40 years to be able to afford it..

Also remember going there probably 45 years ago when I was 10 ish with my parents to buy our first family tent and paraphernalia for our camping holidays.

Guess that sewed the seeds for a lifetime of camping/caravanning/motorhoming - the place has a lot to answer for.

Glad to hear it's still going

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
My first house was opposite that place! Had to take mortgage over 40 years to be able to afford it..

Also remember going there probably 45 years ago when I was 10 ish with my parents to buy our first family tent and paraphernalia for our camping holidays.

Guess that sewed the seeds for a lifetime of camping/caravanning/motorhoming - the place has a lot to answer for.

Glad to hear it's still going
You moved from god's own county of Essex to Yorkshire....:eek::)

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
Thorney Bay caravan park is now being used as cheap housing for our european cousins, and others.
They are trying to go upmarket with posh new live in caravans and have renamed it Sandy Bay.
Good luck with that......:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back