Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Hope your husband is recovering well Pammy
We didn't renew our membership this year due to a bad experience at Keswick site.
My husband is having cancer treatment and has been quite ill so we decided to take our new van for a few days to the lakes.
I put on the form disabled (apart from Davids problemsI have ms and sometimes walking is difficult)
When we arrived we were parked as far away as possible from the loo block
and told the disabled block was closed. They also said if we needed to use the shower block we should drive the motorhome there and we could park it whilst we used the facilities or we could park behind the disabled block which wasn't open!!!!!
We booked 3 nights but stayed only 2 it really spoilt our stay
We did get the 3rd night refunded and they said they would talk to the wardens about the situation but never heard anymore so bye bye c and c club you wern't very friendly to us.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Pammy you really should pursue that - either the wardens need a good dressing down or the rules by which they are expected to operate need changing - I know you are a fairly forcefull person but if they had done that to Shirl then they would have hell and beyond to cope with - I think that is totally disgusting

Hi Bill

Well I have started to make waives a little on this - hit them where it hurts first with writing reviews all over the place. I wrote a review on the UK Campsite web pages, but when I finished it stated that you were not allowed to be critical of the wardens and at the end of the day could not guarantee that the review would be printed. So I doubt it will be :Angry:

Like one of the posts on here, if you write to the C&CC you're probably not even going to get a reply but even so I will be writing to them.

However, not all of their sites have wardens like those - the ones at Oxen Hall are absolutely fantastic, the site, facilities etc are brilliant and i was only too willing to send them a lovely letter thanking them etc, I also put very nice comments in their visitors book too.

As you say Bill, I can be a forceful lady, and definitely not one to be crossed. So this little saga is not over yet. However, what I don't want to do is upset the apple cart too much because we still need to be members of the C&CC to get the RAC arrival scheme benefits which we needed to use last weekend when the RV came out in sympathy with Geo :Doh:

kiwi

Free Member
Aug 11, 2012
leamington spa
Funster No
MH
bessaca 745 coach
Exp
since 1968
c&c

interesting the c&c are albout profit ,,£3+ for electrict per night ,in summer,
they will not pursue the issues with councils to allocate parking for motorhomes ,like the rest of europe -& particluly in park & ride,
(like Canterbury £2.50 per night incuding bus trip)i spent more on my 3 nights at the Folkstone site.(broke down) than 2 months in europe.:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back