Camping and Caravanning Club - out of touch? (1 Viewer)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
How much?!! We did not go to St andrews site, kinkell braes, as they charged £30. loch Lomand site was charging £50 during commonwealth games...

Last time we were at Loch Lomond we vowed never to return as it was a Mosquito/Midge infested hateful experience that I wouldn't recommend it to anyone at any price!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We can't go back but it would be nice to go forward. Our local council waste cash on lots of half-brained plans 500k is nothing to them they just need to realise that the half empty park and ride they spent a bomb on could attract lots of motorhomers to help fill the expensive Richard the third visitor centre theyre wasting money on next!!

David
Would it though? Plenty of overseas visitors (especially Americans as part of a multi-city trip) will come to see Richard and spend money in hotels and businesses but will that be the same of domestic motorhome owners?
I'm doubtful, probably because I don't know of anything else attractive about Leicester :), but I would love to be proved wrong if anyone could mount a sound economic argument (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Bica

Free Member
May 13, 2014
Wymondham
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Excuse my ignorance but what are CL and CS's.

CL's are Certificated Locations (Caravan Club) and CS's are Certified Sites (C & CC) - usually 5 van sites with or without EHU. Prices are cheaper than Club Sites and often in great locations.

If you want a cheaper holiday (and are a C & CC member). Have a look in the Club magazine at the Sites for Holidays pages in the Out & About section for Temporary Holiday Sites (THS's). We have recently come back from Stewarding a THS at Stow on the Wold Rugby Club for 4 weeks. £7 per unit night (not per person) including 24hr Toilets and Showers and limited bus services direct from the site.

These are run by members for members (all units welcome at all meets) and not by Club HQ who do things like charging £75.00 surcharge on Continental Rally bookings if you don't buy the ferry crossing from them.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
But last week we were able to fill with water etc and empty for 3 euros fill with diesel (for quite a bit more!!) and head off without booking ending up at 10 pm roughly where we wanted to be stay for nothing with a nice river view on hardstanding and set off to continue to explore at will try doing that in the UK. The french have motorhoming sorted much better than in the UK .

David
I do that every other weekend in Scotland which at the minute is part of the UK :) ....only my water is free :)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Just trying to think of a concise phrase to encompass the whole range of caravans/campers (powered or towed) :)

Inclusive and balanced as ever G, but caravans.......... 'shurely not'

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Last time we were at Loch Lomond we vowed never to return as it was a Mosquito/Midge infested hateful experience that I wouldn't recommend it to anyone at any price!

Some of the flying insects up there can be tiresome too.;)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
And never, never ever an RSPCA man around when you need one. (Gets keys to outrage bus and starts up)!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back