Camping and Caravan----Out and About (1 Viewer)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
On our leisurely pace down towards Folkestone we have called in for a couple or three nights at the Oxford District Ass. rally field site at Chipping Norton. It is in the field belonging to Merry Weather Farm site which means we can use the immaculate toilet and shower block and all for £11 per night, it sure puts the Caravan Club site prices to shame

We have used these sites a fair bit this summer, some for as little as £5 per night and have found them brilliant, extremely friendly and often located nearer to the towns than we ever seem to get with most Club sites

The piccy shows the size and space we are currently enjoying

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The THSs and Meets are brilliant aren't they - and you meet the nicest people ::bigsmile:

We intend using them more in future and have also joined the MCC to use their similar sites as well.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
C & CC DA / TH Sites

When we left Malvern we went to the Gower peninsular to a C&CC THS £11per night at Bank farm holiday camp Port Eyrnon normal price around £30 a night , swimming pool , bar ,with good food , ehu if you wanted it , we stayed there 6 nights , :thumb:

Googled Lidl and got the one nearest our route set sat nav to it , filled up with provisions and
we are now at another THS at Amroath near Tenby £7 .this THS is on until September 8th .:Eeek:

Stewards really friendly and help full , just been to a Cream Tea party £1 each ... Bargain :Smile:

Sun is out good views over the sea :Cool:

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
On our leisurely pace down towards Folkestone we have called in for a couple or three nights at the Oxford District Ass. rally field site at Chipping Norton. It is in the field belonging to Merry Weather Farm site which means we can use the immaculate toilet and shower block and all for £11 per night, it sure puts the Caravan Club site prices to shame

We have used these sites a fair bit this summer, some for as little as £5 per night and have found them brilliant, extremely friendly and often located nearer to the towns than we ever seem to get with most Club sites

We stayed at this same THS at Chipping Norton a couple of weeks back when on our way down to Roger's meet at The Lazy Buzzard in Devon.

The Merry Weather site is just across the road from a branch of Countrywide Stores so I took the opportunity to open an account for Autogas which they will supply at the lower rate of VAT for domestic use in the m/h.:thumb:

We find the C&CC THS's very useful, some just as stopovers and others we have stayed up to a couple of weeks.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We've just got back from a fantastic holiday with the children in Southern Crete , and still we are chomping at the bit to get out in the van.
So seeing as I've managed to get all the washing and ironing done and dusted, because of this glorious weather , were off this weekend , with our eldest.
(To the mount terrace site in Pickering. Another CCC , DA rally. )
He's looking forward to it as now he works most weekends , he doesn't get the chance to get away with us. Funny how they miss it when they can't do it.

We make the most of being CCC members and use the rallies and THS sites often .

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
We are off to the THS site at Amroth in the morning
Looking forward to chilling out for a few days after helping with our daughters house move.
Any funsters there at the moment. I will bring my ukuele along just in case

Happy Daze:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008

Hi Alan & Lynda

THose boys at Merryweather did 2 jobs for me on my previous van - the site wasn't open then. Hope it's all going well for them - and for you of course.

You can always come into Oxford and camp at the C&CC site, also good value! It's 5 mins from me, I could buy you a beer!

Catherine

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
C&CC club! THS sites are excellent value all over the country, super friendly people Highly recommended.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back