camping and caravan club sites in Scotland (1 Viewer)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hi once again I am after recommended sites this time in Scotland. I am looking for a couple of sites after I leave Moffat.so not too far at a time but nice only got a week to mooch around until I get to Berwick on tweed for the journey south.. Grateful for info .but it does need to be sites so that I can use ehu for my medication..Roy

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Had a couple of nights at Scone earlier in the year. Nice site, good people running it and some very pretty walks from the site. Down side, no pub within easy walking distance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2015
Warrington
Funster No
MH
IH Oregon R
Exp
Rosemarie but depends on how.far north you are going to.get.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
The one in Strathclyde Park is nice, you do get some road noise but nothing major. The Park has a Loch which is roughly 4 miles to walk round, you can walk to Hamilton road free in 20 mins with loads of restaurants and shops or you can catch the bus/train to Glasgow. Also a Toby carvery next to site and then you have M and D's theme park who have pubs and restaurants open to the public.
If you like Cities then the site at Silverknowes in Edinburgh is ideal, its right on the Forth shore and only 20 mins on bus to Edinburgh (£1.70 to city or £4 day pass).
The site at Ayr is nice, Ayr is a nice wee town to spend a couple of days.
The site at Galieston in Dumfries and Galloway is lovely and relaxing.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Strathclyde Park, Sliverknowes, Ayr and Garlieston are all Caravan Club sites.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
C&CC site at Fort William is good with lovely scenery, if you can make it that far?

C&CC site on Skye is also amazing with stunning views and excellent facilities - but again, might be too far?

We certainly enjoyed staying at the C&CC site at Scone too.

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
C&CC site at Fort William is good with lovely scenery, if you can make it that far?

C&CC site on Skye is also amazing with stunning views and excellent facilities - but again, might be too far?

We certainly enjoyed staying at the C&CC site at Scone too.
Thankyou I think that will be my targets.. Roy

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Sorry misread the title thought it said Caravan club, should have gone to specsavers

No need to apologise, I think that you could read it either way.

It does say "Caravan Club"

It does not say "Camping and Caravanning Club"

Ian

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Thankyou I think that will be my targets.. Roy
When we went to the Outer Hebrides, via Skye, we drove up leisurely, staying at Moffat, Fort William and Skye en route. Very comfortable driving distances apart. Worked perfectly for us and would do the same if travelling that way again.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Glenmore near Aviemore is a C&CC 'Camping in the Forest' site, and we like it a lot.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
The one in Strathclyde Park is nice, you do get some road noise but nothing major. The Park has a Loch which is roughly 4 miles to walk round, you can walk to Hamilton road free in 20 mins with loads of restaurants and shops or you can catch the bus/train to Glasgow. Also a Toby carvery next to site and then you have M and D's theme park who have pubs and restaurants open to the public.
If you like Cities then the site at Silverknowes in Edinburgh is ideal, its right on the Forth shore and only 20 mins on bus to Edinburgh (£1.70 to city or £4 day pass).
The site at Ayr is nice, Ayr is a nice wee town to spend a couple of days.
The site at Galieston in Dumfries and Galloway is lovely and relaxing.
Another vote for Strathclyde if you can do CC. You can walk further, up to 10 miles in a figure of 8 if you go under the motorway in to the bird sanctuary. Noise from the road can be heard but it's minimal. The facilities are excellent and as Lorger says, plenty of places to eat.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Hi once again I am after recommended sites this time in Scotland. I am looking for a couple of sites after I leave Moffat.so not too far at a time but nice only got a week to mooch around until I get to Berwick on tweed for the journey south.. Grateful for info .but it does need to be sites so that I can use ehu for my medication..Roy
Does it have to be CCC sites?

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Another vote for Foyers C&CC site on Loch Ness. It has everything - amenities, walks, views etc.

CC site New England Bay, Dumfries & Galloway is spectacular though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back