Camping and Caravan Club moan (1 Viewer)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We decided to rejoin C&CC this year to take advantage of the 'no booking' rallies and THS.

Barrie paid with his debit card online and weeks later we received the books and blurb but no membership cards.

He emailed them and 10 days later we received duplicate cards.

A few days later the original cards trned up with a letter dated a couple of days previously so not lost in the post, then an email telling him the direct debit had failed.

Are we now members? Who knows?

Not impressed with their admin skills!

Last edited:

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Perhaps I need to quantify my decision to leave The CC, I have used many CL sites and I have always been perfectly happy with them, most don't appear to care if you are a CC member anyway and there has been no benefit, either with a discount or priority booking.

I visited a CC site between Abergavenny and Hereford which was immaculate, excellent facilities but the warden and his wife were perhaps the most unhospitable couple you could wish to meet. It was a topic of conversation with other people using the site and I am afraid it has coloured my view of CC sites.

At the end of March this year, we went to Hertford and stayed on the Balls Park C&CC site, the first that we have stayed at. I have to be honest, Martin and the rest of the team were so friendly and helpful, we were made to feel valued and by the end of our stay we felt like old friends.

Now I know I have experienced two totally opposite standards of hospitality, both which made quite an impression on us and on balance, I voted with my wallet.

In fact, with the C&CC, the registration process was easy and it was pointed out that we were eligible for a Senior discount, ( currently 55 but it may have already gone up to 60), but we qualified and our membership discount virtually paid for our stay, the facilities were excellent and the location was superb.

I am not saying that we won't give the CC another try, never burn your bridges, but we are giving the C&CC a fair chance to prove itself. By the way, one of the wardens at the Herford site is also a CC member.

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
I have renewed my C & CC membership as I can't afford not to.
Since I live on the Isle of Wight I have to be robbed every time I take the motorhome off the Island either by Red Funnel or Wightlink.
Luckily C & CC have a very good deal with Wightlink and if I book through the link on C & CC webpage I get about 60% discount. One trips discount pays for the membership.

I have used a few of their sites and so far had no problems except once when I suppose I should have expected problems on a site near Cropredy the night before Fairport Conventions big weekend.

If you decide to bring a motorhome over here its worth joining. Wightlink have moved the length of cars to 5mts so even a Transit gets hit for the higher fees.

You are lucky to get a good deal like that. As I have stated before, the C&CC are completely non receptive to every and any request for a discount deal (as per the CC ) for the M6 Toll Road.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
we stayed on a ccc tempery site at Skegness.the warden was the most unhelpfull person I have ever met.he then made me move my van about 7 times so he could see it was straight.as I was parked at the end of the field and no one was going to park next to me.i asked why.and he said I just want a straight line of vans???:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
We have been in the C&CC for 25 years, don`t like the new pricing structure, hubby has joined the CC going to use one of their sites this month with the caravan, then my husband will decide whether to renew with the C&CC, on the other hand we have RAC cover and need the C&CC for their RAC deal, so if he doesn`t renew, I will. when I go away in motor home, I will try the C&CC cs/ site, depending where they are for the areas I need to go to, to visit family and friends. also they only charge for one , I believe the CC motorhome pricing is for a couple, so would be more expensive for me, MH is my everyday vehicle, so I use it as that, also to stay over if too far to get back, or I want to explore an area and combine with visiting, so have the best of both worlds really. My husband has interests that means he cannot always go at the same time as me .

Sorry I digress, just explaining the situation,

Interested in hearing of Funsters experience of the two clubs, especially solo campers.

Margaret

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
we stayed on a ccc [HI]tempery site[/HI] at Skegness.the [HI]warden[/HI] was the most unhelpfull person I have ever met.he then made me move my van about 7 times so he could see it was straight.as I was parked at the end of the field and no one was going to park next to me.i asked why.and he said I just want a straight line of vans???:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

At a THS wouldn't that be a volunteer steward rather than a warden?

I agree that moving 7 times does seem excessive but we have never had a problem with pitching at a THS/Meet so I would hazard a guess to it being an isolated incident.

In addition, keeping reasonably within pitching margins can be important especially on busy rallies. Having assisted with the marshaling for Fun at Peterborough to years ago I know how tight the spacing provided by the site managers can be :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I believe the CC motorhome pricing is for a couple, so would be more expensive for me

Not so. With Midweek Discount the CC can often be cheaper than the C&CC for one person.

However, if the grass pitches are firm enough for my van I often elect for the C&CC instead as then I'm not obliged to pay for EHU whether I want it or not. I resent paying £1 a night more for a hardstanding with the C&CC, do not like their new 'flexible' price structure, and won't book much ahead because of their silly 30-day cancellation policy.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
thanks gjh. I can understand the need for parking restrictions.but it was not for that reason that I had a gripe.i was right at the end ,no one else could get between me and the fence.and after his comment about a straight line.he walked away with a smug smile on his face.the last comment was from the lady in the next van.not me:shout:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back