Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
Has anybody experienced Camping Almafra now they have changed their rates and I believe management. They now include electricity in their price and also allow dogs. Has anything else changed for the better? Also has anybody any experiance of camper park Costa Blance at Alfas del Pi?:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Johnsandywhite on here is resident there i believe.

Drop him a PM

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
When I spoke with the owner of Motorhome Costa Blanca before putting his site into the Big Pitch Guide - he said that a 36ft was about the biggest he could take BUT that the access roads might be a bit tight even for that size 'width-wise'.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Motorhome Costa Blanca is NOT suitable for your RV. You might get it there.................

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
MoandDick

You have previusly stated on this forum that it will " HAPPILY TAKE A 40 FOOT RV "

You seem to have qualified that remark a little.

I am an experienced RVer having been all over Europe. I also have lived on the
next road up from this Park.

It would probably be possible to get there in a 35+ footer 101 inches wide but it

would be difficult and should you meet oncoming traffic it would be very difficult

as there are no passing places. Should , for some reason you not being able to get into

the Park, continuing up the road would not be an option and turning round impossible.

If, armed with this information anyone then takes the decision to go, then so be it.

For me it is a non starter.

However, JSW reckons he could get a 40 footer there. I reckon I could get a 40 footer there.............. BUT I WOULD'T DREAM OF TRYING.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Billym

Thank you for that explanation on the Camper Park.

The reason that I have 'qualified' my original statement is very simple.

I was originally told by one of my Members that he thought he could get his RV up there, so we put it into the Guide. Then another member said he thought that you wouldn't get an RV up the leading road because it was too tight.

So I spoke to the Management at Costa Blanca who said quite specifically that the only road that was too tight was the direct road leading off the N332.

If you came off the N332 at the McDonalds turn off (towards L'Alfas del Pi) then turn back on yourself to take the first road that runs parallel to the N332 and then turn left up to Costa Blanca - all would be OK.

At the same time, the owner said that he didn't want anything over 36ft (11 metres) on the site - hence the reason I said 36ft to DreamchaseRV.

Now you tell me that you think the road leading up to the site is too tight as well - I haven't been there personally so I am happy to take your word for it.

I have also just spoken to the Caravan Club and they agree with you - not because of the roads being too narrow but because the access to the pitches is too narrow!

Anyway - I have taken the site out of the Big Pitch Guide as of now - so once again, I thank you for your comments, much appreciated by us.

OP
OP
Dreamchaserrv

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
camper park

moandick We will probably go to either Almafra, Villasol or Torretatas for a few weeks. Wherever we go we will run up and check out the camper park in car for you and give you a definative answer.:thumb: We have Barry and Alison Prowse in tow with us since we left the U.K.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi dreamchaserv

Now that would be really, really handy - if you have the time - especially with Barry and Alison - please pass on our regards to them - they have given us many sites for the Big Pitch Guide in the past.

I am in the process of replacing Camperpark Costa Blanca with another site suggested this time by Trevor and Jenny Best. It will take up to 40ft on hardstanding with 6 amp electrics.

Camping Cuevas Mar, Garrucha - Villaricos Road, 04618 Palomares- Cuevas de Almanzora. Camping Bungalows Cuevas Mar - Palomares - Cuevas del Almanzora (Almería) Andalucía - España Tel: 0034 950 467382

I can't pinpoint it exactly on GPS yet but it is somewhere around 37.2420 -1.7838

The directions from the Caravan club are quite good but my copy of google earth is very light at that point and not easy to define.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Mo&Dick

Hi Dick

I am about 16 miles from the Co-ordinates given, and it is inevitable that we will do some "touristy" bits up there, If I do I will have a "butchers" and maybe take some pickys for you?, let you know how I get on, Is your AOL (e-mail) account still valid? or not?.

pete

OP
OP
Dreamchaserrv

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
Cuevas Mar

Hi moandick We have been using Cuevas Mar for the past 4 years, we are on our way there now when we leave the snow of Granada.The site will indeed take 40ft we first went in our Escaper, but there are only 4 pitches at the front that will take anything over 36ft and a few near the perimiter wire but you may stick out into the road a bit. In winter it is not normally a problem you can probably spread about a bit into some of the other pitches if it is not busy. In summer you will not fit into the defined pitches with anything over 30ft apart from the afore mentioned.
The site is large and in winter it doesn't have many facilities . Its main drawback is that there is only one potable water tap on the whole site :cry:this is from a point up near the entrance to the site the RV places are some 200 yards away so yo have to fill containers and then transfer to your tank, it makes an amusing mornings entertainment.The rest of the water is desalinated and not suitable to put in the tank.
There is also no wi-fi.
Having said all that it is a nice open site with no tree hazards.:thumb:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi PeteH

Yes, indeed, the moandick@aol.com address is still very much valid - and thanks for the offer of some pictures from the site at those co-ordinates - however, I do have photos already from Trevor and Jenny Best - what I cannot do from a distance is accurately pin-point the gate.

Hi dreamchaserv

Thank you very much for that info on Cuevas mar - I could not believe my eyes when Trevor and Jenny wrote that there was only one fresh water tap on site but what you have said now makes sense.

I would like to try an experiment here - as soon as I have sent this email I will send another with the draft page attached for your information and ask for any amendments. Just be aware the next email might take a minute or two to download.

Yours aye

Dick

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Quote from dreamchasersrv about the Costa Blanca aire at Alfaz

The aire at alfaz is impossable for rvs you would need to be dropped in by helicopter. The road to it is a nightmare and it was nose to tail with caravans and small campers. Not one to recommend.

Thanks for that !

almafra1

Free Member
Oct 21, 2010
Funster No
beware camping Almafra

Don't believe anything the owners tell you until have drove away , prices to include or special offers everything changes when the bill comes in ive had eltric bills for €500 for 1 month yes you can gasp but its true i argued its impossible to consum this much in a month anyway the point is stay clear there a racists and bigoted i hate the place if you still are unsure park up walk around and speak to people on there before you roll on :shout:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back