Rally Camping Alegria Del Mar, Benicarlo. April 2020 (1 Viewer)

Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
Hi Ginny the care giver to mike how is he doing?? “ SORRY TO SAY We are NOT GOING “
After much reading & watching the News I believe that at this time it would not be possible to drive to
Benicarlo. The French are about to put the shutters up. The Spanish have put one way shutters up
able to leave Spain only . Planes going to ??? We’re turned round in mid air ,so I have come to the
unhappy decision that there is no point trying. Maybe next year if ALL IS CLEARED UP.
Late Starting
AKA. Cliff & Brenda Jones

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Ginny the care giver to mike how is he doing?? “ SORRY TO SAY We are NOT GOING “
After much reading & watching the News I believe that at this time it would not be possible to drive to
Benicarlo. The French are about to put the shutters up. The Spanish have put one way shutters up
able to leave Spain only . Planes going to ??? We’re turned round in mid air ,so I have come to the
unhappy decision that there is no point trying. Maybe next year if ALL IS CLEARED UP.
Late Starting
AKA. Cliff & Brenda Jones

At the moment we are both fine, Mike has been quarantined for the last week and the hardest thing is finding jobs for him to do. The garden will look brilliant if we are contained for any length of time!

I’ve been getting the motorhome sorted just in case I have to self isolate on the drive!!! I’ve already told him I will be taking the Air Fryer- he’s not impressed!

I am sure you have made the right decision and only thankful we didn‘t go at the beginning of March. Take care of each other, and I’m sure we will meet in a field, somewhere or other.

Ginnu

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
I have just spoken to Lisa at Alegria. At the moment Spain is on shut down for the next 15 days at least.

As far as Alegria is concerned

1. they are still accepting Motorhomes and will continue to do so until ordered by the Police or Army to stop.

2. The bar, swimming pool and restaurant are closed, but the shop is open, only one person at a time.

3. You are allowed to go into Benicarlo for food or to chemist.

4. The beaches are closed, as is the Marina.

5. The telephone number is 0034 964470871

Obviously the rally is not very likely to go ahead, but if anyone needs a good stop on the way home, Alegria mIght be a very good option.

Lisa has asked that anyone wanting to go to the site telephones to make sure the situation is the same and they have space.

Ginny
The message that I am getting when I dial that number
Is that it’s Not been assigned!!!??
Do you have another number?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
@ Razamastaz
where are you NOW ??.
the number from website is. (0034)964470871.
according to news all short term sites & Accommodation to Close by 24th.
we have also given notice of our intentions of not been able to get there.
Late Starting
AKA. Cliff & Brenda

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005

The number given by Cliff and Brenda is the one I contacted Lisa on the other day. If you still want to go please ring her. The number might well be busy but they were still very much open for business when I spoke to her on Monday.

Ginny

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
I have just spoken to Lisa at Alegria. At the moment Spain is on shut down for the next 15 days at least.

As far as Alegria is concerned

1. they are still accepting Motorhomes and will continue to do so until ordered by the Police or Army to stop.

2. The bar, swimming pool and restaurant are closed, but the shop is open, only one person at a time.

3. You are allowed to go into Benicarlo for food or to chemist.

4. The beaches are closed, as is the Marina.

5. The telephone number is 0034 964470871

Obviously the rally is not very likely to go ahead, but if anyone needs a good stop on the way home, Alegria mIght be a very good option.

Lisa has asked that anyone wanting to go to the site telephones to make sure the situation is the same and they have space.

Ginny
Thanks ?

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
I’ve just been advised that La Torreta as to close on the 24tb. So I think All sites in Spain will be the same. Such a shame, first time abroad in the van. Had to cut our stay by a month. I do hope this rally will go ahead next year. Stay safe all.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I’ve just been advised that La Torreta as to close on the 24tb. So I think All sites in Spain will be the same. Such a shame, first time abroad in the van. Had to cut our stay by a month. I do hope this rally will go ahead next year. Stay safe all.
Hi John, where are you now? Thought you were well on the way back?

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
@ Razamastaz
where are you NOW ??.
the number from website is. (0034)964470871.
according to news all short term sites & Accommodation to Close by 24th.
we have also given notice of our intentions of not been able to get there.
Late Starting
AKA. Cliff & Brenda

I along with 15 or so vans are holding up in Carboneras.
No one here is getting stressed
Mercadona shelves are full and I walk down every single day for provisions.
My Bilbao sailing is not until 23 April!!
Unless I am forced into leaving .....
Then I am staying put.

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Final emails to and from Alegria,

Hello Ginny:

Thank you for that Ginny... i totally understand... we cannot except any new costumers... and soon we will be closed....

I really appreciate the work that you have done to bring us a Rally.... thank you.

Look after your self and stay at home.

See you in the future...

Kind regards, Lisa.

On 21/03/2020 13:30, Ginny Teasdale wrote:
Hi Lisa,

Unfortunately the last of the Funsters has decided to try to get home instead of going to Alegria, we all wish you the best in the current crisis and hope to see you again in the future.

Best wishes

Ginny and Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back