Rally Camping Alegria Del Mar, Benicarlo. April 2020 (1 Viewer)

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Hi
Could I please be taken off the list, not only for the current virus situation but I also have a family member very ill in hospital.

Apr 29, 2019
Dover, Kent
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper, Corilliam
Exp
since 2002
So sorry people are dropping out after you hard work.I know what its like as i arranged rally,s But we are still going and we are on our way on monday 23rd March , Any body doing the same as us a slow drive down the sites and ending up before rally in tossa de mar,I hope you have managed to fill your 15 places, We are very much looking forward to meeting new friends, Mike and Audrey and Tinkerbell

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Doobray

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 22, 2014
Paisley, Renfrew, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2013
Can you take us off the list. We have just driven from Scotland to Canterbury to find out that Benidorm goes into lockdown at midnight with all bars and clubs closed. Looks as if this is just the start of it. Sorry

Twos company

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 25, 2008
Boroughbridge
Funster No
MH
VW transporter
Exp
25+
Sorry we’re in Benidorm and we have decided to go home early so we will have to give it a miss

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Benidorm goes into lockdown at midnight with all bars and clubs closed. Looks as if this is just the start of it.

WOW !!!

That is just incomprehensible. How can they survive ? Benidorm is it's bars and restaurants.

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Funsters

I have just had a pm from Popeye asking if the rally was still on, and thought I would post a copy for everybody.

Yes the rally is still going ahead but three couples have dropped out today and according to the news, Benidorm is on lock down and bars and clubs are closed from Midnight tonight. I don’t know how the area around BeniCarlo is affected but unfortunately the virus is likely to spread.

I cant blame people for looking after their health, Mike has COPD and is on oxygen 18 hours a day which was one of the reasons we decided against going to Spain on the 4th March. I do think this virus will have a great affect on what we have all planned for the foreseeable future and I am sure Lisa at Alegria is well aware that the virus will have an affect on the rally and overall Bookings.

I don’t know what the solution is, those of you who do go to Alegria will have a wonderful time, but if you do decide not to take the risk, please let me know and I will pass on the numbers to Lisa.

It‘s a bugger!!!

Ginny and Mike (who is now grounded for the foreseeable future)

Last edited:

DLT

Sep 2, 2013
pencoed
Funster No
MH
swift c/built
Exp
I Ginny
As you know Julia also as the same health problems as Mike.And we decided the safest place to be is at home.So we will not be travelling to Spain We were looking forward to going to Benicalo.Perhaps next time DLT Julia David

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Can you take us off the list. We have just driven from Scotland to Canterbury to find out that Benidorm goes into lockdown at midnight with all bars and clubs closed. Looks as if this is just the start of it. Sorry
It's not just Benidorm, it's the whole of the Valencian Community, right down to Alicante, according to official online sources. :whatthe:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Today following the news from Spain we took the step of cancelling our sailing, postponing actually. We will not be able to attend The Allegria meeting. So sorry.
Griff

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Today following the news from Spain we took the step of cancelling our sailing, postponing actually. We will not be able to attend The Allegria meeting. So sorry.
Griff
Cannot blame you Griff. We will just have to come and raid your resources in Hampshire this summer. If we ever escape Spain. Get the Liquorice All Sorts in.

Apr 29, 2019
Dover, Kent
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper, Corilliam
Exp
since 2002
Two days ago flew back from Benidorm this was my birthday surprise, Timed that just right , Still going to
Benicarlo, Hope to see you all there,Audrey

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Cannot blame you Griff. We will just have to come and raid your resources in Hampshire this summer. If we ever escape Spain. Get the Liquorice All Sorts in.
Liquorice All-Sorts have been banned since just after your last visit; Can't remember why?
Anyway, we're in Lockdown, gate is locked, provisions are left outside the electric gates and the only thing that keeps getting stolen are the loo rolls.

May 23, 2015
Weston super Mare
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 1992
We are currently at La Manga where there is a total lock down. They are not admitting new campers and we can only leave the site to go to supermarket or pharmacy. All restaurants and bars are closed including the sites. We hope to still be able to drive up to Benicarló on the 1st if the police allow.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I think you will find all campsites in Spain are on lockdown, if your on a site you can stay, if you move they will not let you on, all bars restaurants beaches and most shops apart from supermarkets and chemist are closed.
There is a restriction on movement, and constant police warning telling people to go home and stay in their home.
Tomorrow the army will in force the rules because some don't seem to understand how serious this is. ? Bob.

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I think you will find all campsites in Spain are on lockdown, if your on a site you can stay, if you move they will not let you on, all bars restaurants beaches and most shops apart from supermarkets and chemist are closed.
There is a restriction on movement, and constant police warning telling people to go home and stay in their home.
Tomorrow the army will in force the rules because some don't seem to understand how serious this is. ? Bob.

Bloody hell, Bob, its worse than we thought, I have contacted Lisa at Alegria but she has not got back to me yet. I cant believe they are getting the Army to enforce the restrictions. Are the borders still open? What happens to the dogs who need to be checked before they can come back into UK and cant get to a Vet?

What a mess.

Ginny

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Yes quite serious Ginny, more will be known tomorrow morning, the army were in Calpe yesterday, our lockdown began on the 13th because the schools finished and many from Madrid and Valencia have holiday homes here, everything is closed including beaches and restrictions on movement only to the supermarket and chemist, we have a vet open allowing max 2 people in at a time at a distance, tomorrow supermarkets have restrictions on the amount of people at any one time, and would think a limit because of all the panic buying and older people not having the funds or probably energy to buy lots, all home delivery have stopped, we can manage bit longer without leaving our apartment if we are careful . ?
The border is still open but how long for who knows, you and Mike get your cupboard stocked up and talk to no one. ? Bob.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Yes quite serious Ginny, more will be known tomorrow morning, the army were in Calpe yesterday, our lockdown began on the 13th because the schools finished and many from Madrid and Valencia have holiday homes here, everything is closed including beaches and restrictions on movement only to the supermarket and chemist, we have a vet open allowing max 2 people in at a time at a distance, tomorrow supermarkets have restrictions on the amount of people at any one time, and would think a limit because of all the panic buying and older people not having the funds or probably energy to buy lots, all home delivery have stopped, we can manage bit longer without leaving our apartment if we are careful . ?
The border is still open but how long for who knows, you and Mike get your cupboard stocked up and talk to no one. ? Bob.
Flipping hec!

So far here we have been told we can go shopping to the supermarket and chemist but only one person in the car. One person can walk the dog, (My little dog had extra walks yesterday as friends wanted exercise).

The camperstop have not yet been told to close or stop admitting anyone. The owners are in touch with the local authorities and giving us daily updates. I guess because we are out in the countryside they are not so worried about us here. 3 big everlanders on German plates came in late last night and have just left. I suppose they are trying to get home.

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I have just spoken to Lisa at Alegria. At the moment Spain is on shut down for the next 15 days at least.

As far as Alegria is concerned

1. they are still accepting Motorhomes and will continue to do so until ordered by the Police or Army to stop.

2. The bar, swimming pool and restaurant are closed, but the shop is open, only one person at a time.

3. You are allowed to go into Benicarlo for food or to chemist.

4. The beaches are closed, as is the Marina.

5. The telephone number is 0034 964470871

Obviously the rally is not very likely to go ahead, but if anyone needs a good stop on the way home, Alegria mIght be a very good option.

Lisa has asked that anyone wanting to go to the site telephones to make sure the situation is the same and they have space.

Ginny

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Teasy2007 6th March - 10th May

The funsters in BOLD have confirmed and pm’d me their full names and length of motorhome.

Last week in March - 5 pitches available together

2 SMB

First week in April - 15 pitches available together

3. Burgo - 1st - 8th.

Easter week (10 pitches available together)

3. Michael Gaylor - 1st - 15th
6. Mike Warland - 1st -15th April
7. Late Starting 1st - 15th
9. Chocy boy 1st - 15th
10. Razamataz - 9th to 14th

Oh dear this list is looking very sad now could the following funsters please let me know if they
will be going to Alegria or not.

Burgo ,
Michael Gaylor
Mike Warland
Late Starting
Chocy boy
Razamataz

Algeria is still open for Motorhomes at the moment but Lisa suggests that you telephone to check availability.

Ginny

May 23, 2015
Weston super Mare
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 1992
We have now been told to return to the UK as quickly as possible by La Manga management. This obviously is determined by Ferries booked, so we hope to return to the UK on Saturday ferry if we can get to Cherbourg. We could not get anything on Spanish ferries.

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
We're going to have to say no, as we just don't think it's going to be possible to get over there even in the unlikely event the restrictions are lifted - and it would be a big problem with the three dogs if we went down with chinese bat eating disease while we're over there.

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Easter week (10 pitches available together)

3. Michael Gaylor - 1st - 15th
5. SMB 9th to 14th
7. Late Starting 1st - 15th
9. Chocy boy 1st - 15th

10. Razamataz - 9th to 14th

The list is looking sadder by the day.

Oh dear, another one bites the dust, as John Chocy boy hightails it back to Calais and home!

From over 20 Motorhomes and being a full rally we are down to 4, and I’m not sure about them.

If you are still planning to go to Alegria could you please contact Lisa directly, they are quite busy as they are one of the few campsites still allowing new bookings.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We have now been told to return to the UK as quickly as possible by La Manga management. This obviously is determined by Ferries booked, so we hope to return to the UK on Saturday ferry if we can get to Cherbourg. We could not get anything on Spanish ferries.

Please check your ferry. This is from Brittany Ferries;
Poole-Cherbourg: already suspended

Stay Safe

Further to that;

Brittany said the Barfleur's last sailing from Cherbourg to Poole until at least 23 March would leave at 21:45 GMT.
They said this on 16th March

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back