CAMPERVAN HELP (1 Viewer)

HI I HAVE A 15 YEAROLD PEUGEOT BOXER WHICH IS RINNING RICH IT IS PETROL HAVING A FULLS SERVICE

• A

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • A

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • A

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Don't worry too much, there are a load of funny??? people on here, so you will get all ranges of answers from the sublime to the ridiculous and that is the respondents not the answers. you might get used to the usual suspects after a year or so.

rupert

Funster
Nov 23, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
caravaning on and off 10 years
just checked the results ...... seems the A's have it (y)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Replace the AIR filter. Most often cause of Rich running in any petrol vehicle, and especially carburettor equipped engines. and the simplest and cheapest cure!!

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

DAVID PRINCE

Free Member
Dec 30, 2015
LONDON
Funster No
MH
peugeot boxerclass4
Exp
i ma newbie
i have had a new exhaust put in still no good but will take on board and have a full engine service my mailage is 37 000and i will have my engine tuned thank you all for your replys and very happy new

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
i have had a new exhaust put in still no good but will take on board and have a full engine service my mailage is 37 000and i will have my engine tuned thank you all for your replys and very happy new
37k isn't a lot on pretty modern engines David, filters and plugs won't go amiss. Is it injection or a carb? Carb might benifit from a clean.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
You really need to start with the simple things and work up.. The exhaust could cause bad running but only if its really bad or has boxes that have collapsed and are causing excess back pressure.

As I and a couple of others have said above the first thing you should look at is the air filter. If it is really filthy or has degraded or even disintegrated the fuel system will draw more fuel as it cannot draw air.. Then its onto plugs ignition timing and so on...

Better details of what type and version of the engine might help ? Otherwise the advice is generic and we are at best guessing .

Those that are on here all the time have earnt the privilege by hard work in most cases. Never knock replies no matter how good or bad they are. Dont worry the internet works in the day as well as night ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back