Mitchyd

Free Member
Jan 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano T725
Exp
Dont own yet
As I mentioned in an earlier post we are going to view a m/home tomorrow at Camperuk in Lincoln so my question is has any members had dealings with them if so what was your experience like?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I bought a mh from them 3 years ago. They were great.
But there have been staff changes since then.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Bought ours from them in 2014 & they were spot on, not had any recent dealings though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I contacted them a couple of times with questions about a new Burstner we were going to buy. They were very helpful and provided exactly the information I asked for.
In the end we bought one elsewhere (France) but I got the feeling they would be a good company to deal with

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we bought from them at the lincoln show we had no problems and happy with the van

Kelsae2

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2011
kelso,scottish borders
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Still have the van we bought from them back in 2006. Very good company to deal with. Have also stayed on their campsite, which is very good.

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
They don't tend to be the cheapest but they have an excellent reputation and my own experience has been very positive althought that has been for aftercare rather than buying a van

May 10, 2019
Norfolk UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E-Line
We purchased our van there. As already said, they appear professional (Salesman Dan) and the handover was completed by a very knowledgeable technician (Simon). Have heard good things about the aftercare experience but no personal knowledge.

Nigel Tate

Free Member
Feb 4, 2011
Matlock
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2010
As I mentioned in an earlier post we are going to view a m/home tomorrow at Camperuk in Lincoln so my question is has any members had dealings with them if so what was your experience like?
Bought my current Burstner from them. I’ve always found them fair and good people to deal with

Janecambridge

Free Member
Jan 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
3months
Oh dear.We hade many problems when we bought our 18month old Burstner from them.

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Very helpful when we were buying but when we had a problem all we got was we'll ring you back when we hear from Burstner. Nearly one year later and still no call back, despite calling in about four times I put something on the Burstner Facebook site and they rang within 24 hours, but only to say they couldn't help us.
The problem is the front seats are all cracking

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Have no knowledge of the sales side of the company having never purchased anything from them. However, we did visit their workshop for a Fiat EGR recall and water ingress into the engine bay. We used them on the strength of their "excellent reputation", which, in the event, turned out to be worthless.

In our opinion, and due to this direct experience, they are absolutely dreadful. We would not trust them to blow our tyres up!

Janecambridge

Free Member
Jan 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
3months
Saw the van we wanted.Sold as seen (great) even though the previous owner had added a lot of extras.(all on written advert).
A new habitation door was on order.We went to pick up van only to find 7 things missing including a £2k tv and satellite system.Apparently owner wanted them and the sales guy wasn’t told.Very heated attitude by salesman who offered a few things back and £500 cash,but not the tv and satellite system.We stuck to our guns and eventually got a new system installed a month later.One or two minor things needed sorting ( sliding doors at back opened when travelling,rusty sink,cleaning etc).But habitation door hadn’t turned up so went home awaiting call.(4 hour round trip).Nearly 6 months later we were told the door was there.Another trip in van, and hire car.2 days later told wrong door and decals.Back to collect.Again, months and months later back to have door fitted. This time hubby turned up to find no car available.Eventually hire car supplied.
I have to say that the offer of free overnight stay on a local site was a good one.

Kreos7012

Free Member
Sep 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
Laika
Exp
5 years hire, newbie owner
I;m having a few problems with CamperUK. Ordered new stock ‘van 2 weeks ago and noticed a small crack on screen. Agreed it would be replaced and collection agreed for 01 Sept. Needless to say, we haven’t collected yet and originally told 3 working days, now told 5 working days,. Real shame as we have booked 2 weeks off work which is running out. To be honest, the service wasn’t that brilliant when we were asking about additional items. I felt like an inconvenience to them and still do.

May 10, 2019
Norfolk UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E-Line
Have to say, speak as you find, they have been very attentive and helpful. I am aware that COVID 19 has had an impact on Germany’s supply chain, not only impacting on Carthago, but on our new Windows and doors (for the House) which have had delays (two different companies for Windows and Garage Doors but same issue).

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
I nearly been a van earlier this year of them but missed out on the rush that’s happening at present. They could not be more keen then but that was before the increase in sales. Have tried to look on their web site for last couple days and nothing but blank screen ?
Ray

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I;m having a few problems with CamperUK. Ordered new stock ‘van 2 weeks ago and noticed a small crack on screen. Agreed it would be replaced and collection agreed for 01 Sept. Needless to say, we haven’t collected yet and originally told 3 working days, now told 5 working days,. Real shame as we have booked 2 weeks off work which is running out. To be honest, the service wasn’t that brilliant when we were asking about additional items. I felt like an inconvenience to them and still do.
I know it's dissapointing when it gets delayed, been there. Waiting for ours was the longest 6 months of my life. And then it wasn't ready for a few more days 🙄
It's not too bad yet though, give them a chance 👍

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Well that doesn’t sound like them at all. Maybe things have changed?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Always suspicious of negative reviews from free members.

Kreos7012

Free Member
Sep 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
Laika
Exp
Always suspicious of negative reviews from free members.
Hi. Please don’t be suspicious. Finally taken the plunge after hiring Motorhomes to buying one. Just disappointed that despite assurances that it would be ready when we paid the deposit that it is now delayed. Please do bear in mind that this is a new stock vehicle. It’s just so disappointing when we have booked the time off work.

May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
My experience with one person (not one the names mentioned above) working there, although only about an enquiry, left me unimpressed. The response to my enquiry came back with such poor spelling and knowledge about their campervans range I decided not to pursue my enquiry with them.

Kreos7012

Free Member
Sep 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
Laika
Exp
I know it's dissapointing when it gets delayed, been there. Waiting for ours was the longest 6 months of my life. And then it wasn't ready for a few more days 🙄
It's not too bad yet though, give them a chance 👍
Was yours a van from stock or factory order. Ours is a physical van in stock (with crack on windscreen)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back