Camperstop in Figueira Algarve Portugal (1 Viewer)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi we stayed last night at a new camperstop at Figueira, they are still building it at the moment, owned by Portuguese and they speak very good English.
Its about 20 Minutes walk to a very nice beach through a lovely gorge.
So if anyone's interested here is a link http://www.figueiracaravanpark.com Bob and Janie :)

Attachments

• get-attachment.jpg
    get-attachment.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 100
  • get-attachment (1).jpg
    get-attachment (1).jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 94
  • get-attachment (2).jpg
    get-attachment (2).jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 90
  • get-attachment (3).jpg
    get-attachment (3).jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 91
  • get-attachment (4).jpg
    get-attachment (4).jpg
    104 KB · Views: 91

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
If we don't go to Morocco we may try this one
Thanks

Hope you're both keeping OK. You looked well enough in JJs photos!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Oi, Bob and Janie!

STOP!

Go on like that and beautiful, peaceful Portugal will fill up with motorhomes!

Tell 'em about the dreadful, wet weather and all the gassings that go on here...

JJ :cool:

PS. Sorry about the post... just realised it is in the Algarve... not real Portugal! :rofl:

Last edited:
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Hi we stayed last night at a new camperstop at Figueira, they are still building it at the moment, owned by Portuguese and they speak very good English.
Its about 20 Minutes walk to a very nice beach through a lovely gorge.
So if anyone's interested here is a link http://www.figueiracaravanpark.com Bob and Janie :)
Thanks for this - we will be going to Portugal next April, and although we realise it's not proper Portugal (according to JJ) we WILL be going to the Algarve to see my cousin, who has built an award-winning holiday village at near Lagos!

Hope all is well with you both? We had a great month in France and returned a week ago. It's now cold and pouring down here and I wish we were still there!

Catherine

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Many thanks for your perfectly timed post. We are just inside the border in Spain at Isla Cristina and will be travelling into Portugal tomorrow and I think we will head to this very site. It sounds ideal and looks to be on the edge of the village where I assume there is the odd shop and/or bar?

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We're in Braganca, northern Portugal now, weather lovely at the moment.
Off down the coast today, not to far down yet, too hot for us.
We might visit that one you mention, thanks bob and Jane.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
If Morocco is a 'no go' place in the New Year due to whatever, is anybody expecting Spain, and particularly Portugal to be jam packed with our French Camping Car compadres?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi T and T...

No doubt might see you in the Algarve in due course...

If you are going down the coast when you get to Figueira da Foz you are 100 kms from Quinta Majay which is in really real Portugal!

JJ :cool:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
All you lot drive within a 1000 mtrs of my house on the A49 on your way out of Spain to Portugal. Wonder how many in a year? I might stand on the bridge and wave.:hi: :)

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I would like to say thanks for all the likes, and when we stopped it had what we needed after being parked on a beach with no facilities.

Water dump electric WiFi.
So a good time to catch up with the washing.
The owner and his man where very busy with artic loads of stone being delivered, with them levelling it out, yes the site is very new.
We had a kiwi family and a Dutch couple also on site and got talking about all sorts of things, the weather was hot hot hot, Janie walked to the beach, as my knee was playing up, but I wished I went because the only other person on the beach was a naked lady and her dog. :ROFLMAO:
And as said the owner is very friendly, and has a teepee and BBQ for everyone to use, the Dutch had been to the bar and said the food was good, and we can only report on what we find. :eek:
Yes we had a cockerel but being country folk and keeping geese, we thought nothing of it. We would have stopped another night but we needed some mastic. :rolleyes:

But.............. Devonbeekeeper had a different experience he was all alone the beach was busy, had barking dogs and a cockerel, yes if its wet it will be a nightmare, and the other problem is when its dry it gets dusty.
But most places are the same, Pedro's last place slippery when wet, the best memory was the new Marjal rally it rained and we all sunk, just the way they build here, :D
So until this camper stop is established make your own mind up, this is not grumbling about anyone or anything, make your own mind up, you can just go in to dump and get water if you wish, but if a few funsters got together it doesn't matter where you park. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I agree, it's a good spot and the walk to the beach is very easy. There are also a network of tracks in the area, some look as if they might go down to remote beaches but the two we looked at became steep and loose and as it was wet we didn't risk it.

We enjoyed our stay there but the rain saw us off!

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Just a bit more information about the long stay winter rates.

For a one month stay it is 180 Euros
For a three month stay it is 450 euroes

If anyone is interested contact Nuno the owner, these prices include 10amp electric and WiFi.
(y) Bob and Janie.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back