Rally Chat Camperfest Chester, Easter (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
Haven't found any posts about the above in Fun recently.
Last Easter, I agreed to postpone my booking to Easter 2021 which of course is now not so far away.
According to the Camperfest web page it is going ahead (obviously if allowed to)
I have dropped Briony an email just to confirm it will go ahead if permitted.
Might give her a ring.

I know originally Carol was organising it but I understand is not doing so now.

I think the rescheduled August date in 2020 was also cancelled.

Can anybody shed any light on this?
Apologies for the ramble.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Jake Royd I have not heard anything about it yet though I won't be doing it this year if hear anything I'll let you know.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I've checked on their website quite recently and there is no mention of a cancelation or postponement, but it seems touch and go as to if it goes head.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jake Royd
Jan 11, 2018
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
Got this back from Briony Wilson

Hi John,

We are in discussion with the local council regarding measures that need to be put in place to hold the event. We are currently awaiting further guidance from the government, should we have to postpone the event to a later date in the year, we will be in touch with further details.

Kind Regards

Briony Wilson
Festivals & Events Manager
briony.wilson@scwirrel.com
01244 956 414
Churchill House,
Queen's Park Campus,
Queen's Park Road,
Chester, CH4 7AD
MARKETING
ADVERTISING
SALES

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Iā€™m amazed that you can still actually book this - just been on the website to check. Surely it has to be cancelled given the ongoing ā€˜stay at homeā€™ advise!

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Trouble is "Stay At Home" for some is the same as saying "Home Is Where You Park It"
We need to patient for just a little longer, which I know is frustrating for many of us.
LES
1st Jab done, waiting for Second (y)

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Just received this email..

CamperFest Logo
CamperFest Update 2021
View in your Browser
CamperFest Update: Postponement
Dear Campers,
Unfortunately, we write to you today with news that truly saddens us, following the latest Government announcement it is no longer possible to hold CamperFest or the Taste Cheshire Food and Drink Festival 2021, on the Easter weekend. We have taken advice from our local council, Environmental Health and other event stakeholders which have ultimately led us to make this decision once again.
The new dates of the food festival will be the 26th - 30th of August 2021 and of course the venue remains the same, Chester Racecourse.
We apologise that this is necessary, but I am sure you will all be aware this is outside of our control and the safety of our visitors is our top priority.
You may still check in from 2.00pm on Thursday the 26th August or arrive on the day of your choosing as with previous CamperFestā€™s.
In essence this event remains exactly the same as the one that would have been staged last Easter, we have confirmed the same talent but with the distinct probability that we have substantially better weather. With the progress of the vaccine rollout, we are confident that the August Dates will go ahead with reduced restrictions.
Please be aware that you do not need another ticket, the ticket you have already downloaded or kept on your phone confirming your ticket purchase will suffice.
After a difficult year for us all we hope that the festival will give you and your families the much-needed getaway together we have all been hoping for. We believe staycations like this to be a safe and enjoyable way of bringing people together and the break from our homes we are all after.
In the event that it is not possible for you to attend then please write to us explaining the circumstances of your inability to attend and we will start a waiting list so that as new people book we will refund those on the waiting list who take your place. Please bear with us this process will likely take a few weeks.
Once again, our apologies for this postponement but I am sure you will all agree it is now the only responsible decision left to us and it ensures our event will take place in the manner that was intended.
Kind Regards,
The Festival Team.​

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
It always been the Racecourse hasn't it? I think we went to the first one Donkeys years ago.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Definitely Racecourse, my son in law is a chef there, no cooking to be done at these times, so is a volunteer at the Racecourse vaccination site.
Hi yes apologies Mr porky the Roudee was the testing centre for the Corona virus we went and could hardly park for the facilities for testing but as you say the vaccination centre is on the race course
It always been the Racecourse hasn't it? I think we went to the first one Donkeys years ago.
As you say the rally has always been at the Racecourse since I started it with motorhome fun 9 years ago.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Has anyone asked for a Fun discount code for this year yet? It may be a long shot as their website says they are already 75% full but there's still a discount code at checkout so presumably a possibility?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Has anyone asked for a Fun discount code for this year yet? It may be a long shot as their website says they are already 75% full but there's still a discount code at checkout so presumably a possibility?
I'll get n touch with Briony or Stephen tomorrow and check out what's what and report back.

OP
OP
Jake Royd
Jan 11, 2018
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
I have just spoken with Chester Food Festival and organised a discount and Marshall with help of others. the Chester Rally.
I will Start a Fresh Thread with all the information in for the Chester Food Festival Rally.
Many thanks Carol

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Carol booked and paid
Hi Steve - can you add your name to this thread too if you havenā€™t already šŸ˜€

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back