campercontact (1 Viewer)

May 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Hi All

Just joined camparcontact and have the app on the phone. Anyone used this and your experience with using?
I was looking for MH stopovers as I'm thinking more about off grid now having had solar fitted. Any recommendations for other apps? I've got searchforsites, park4night and camperstop but getting messages that the evaluation subscription has ended.
I don't want to be subscribing to all of them so what's your thoughts on the best one for UK stop overs off grid.

New to this and I've not used any of them so far

JoeP Harrison

Free Member
Jul 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i562
Exp
A class
Hi All

Just joined camparcontact and have the app on the phone. Anyone used this and your experience with using?
I was looking for MH stopovers as I'm thinking more about off grid now having had solar fitted. Any recommendations for other apps? I've got searchforsites, park4night and camperstop but getting messages that the evaluation subscription has ended.
I don't want to be subscribing to all of them so what's your thoughts on the best one for UK stop overs off grid.

We use Camper Contact & Park4night, especially the comments sections. The latter is better. When in France we also use Camping-Car Park. 👍 🇮🇪

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
The approved aires are on the Search for Sites website (not yet on the app though).

https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/advanced.php?country=GB&browse=true&partners=18&

Just use the link above or go to 'Advanced Search', United Kingdom, and then select 'Pricing & Partners' and CAMpRA.

There are more aires on their website, but I think the ones above are those that have gone through the full approval process.
just had a look for places near here came up with somewhere in Derbyshire !!

Upvote 0
Mar 29, 2017
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi All

The camper bible is just £2.99 membership for a limited offer it looks good

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 15, 2020
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Purchasing a new MH
Exp
I love Search for Sites (S4S) because the app combined with the facebook forum is excellent and works well in Europe and UK and great value at about £6 a year!
If a position is dodgy or no reviews I just reply on the S4S forum and within 20 mins someone knows 👍 Also CAMpRA are associated with S4S and links to MF as well now I think? That’s all good for more Aires in the UK and Aires, Stellplatze, De Sostas France Passion are on S4S in Europe.

Upvote 0
Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
Just before Covid CC launched a new App, it was awful. Went from being the best to the worst overnight.
Even worse, I lost access to all my own entries so can no longer even see my own notes, and I'm a subscriber too.
Obviously there's not been much chance of revisiting again since then so I can't say for sure it has been sorted but but if not I'd strongly advise against it.

Upvote 0
Nov 15, 2020
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Purchasing a new MH
Exp
Just before Covid CC launched a new App, it was awful. Went from being the best to the worst overnight.
Even worse, I lost access to all my own entries so can no longer even see my own notes, and I'm a subscriber too.
Obviously there's not been much chance of revisiting again since then so I can't say for sure it has been sorted but but if not I'd strongly advise against it.
That’s strange with that reaction because I feel really positive about S4S 😳 I never use those notes so I can’t compare but I add reviews for all and it is effective and particularly linked into the forum with feedback. For me it is a vital tool. Shows that everyone is different. 👍

Upvote 0
Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
That’s strange with that reaction because I feel really positive about S4S 😳 I never use those notes so I can’t compare but I add reviews for all and it is effective and particularly linked into the forum with feedback. For me it is a vital tool. Shows that everyone is different. 👍
I was refering to my experience with CamperContact. I have S4S and P4N but have rarely used them up till now. My plan is to trial them all as soon as serious travelling begins again and subscribe to whichever prove best for us.
Agree we are all different. I was a great fan of CC until the abortion of an upgrade so am willing to give it another try.

Upvote 0
Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
So, further to the above I decided to open Camper Contact and see if things have improved. Sad to report they haven't.
I still can't see my reviews, either on the App or on the PC. Before I used to be able to see and edit my entries as a long list.
Worse, when you go to my account it's all in Dutch.
Now as it happens I can read and write in Dutch due to living in NL many years ago so not a big deal to me, but can't see that being the same for most of us on this side of the channel.

A further look suggests they are continuing to get major technical issues; knowing the Dutch as I do I can just imagine how their 1000's of NKV members are feeling about all this so that gives me hope they are working hard to fix it. Failing this they should just scrap the new app and revert to the old one. Meanwhile it looks like S4S and/or p4N are going to be the place for us.

Upvote 0
Nov 15, 2020
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Purchasing a new MH
Exp
I was refering to my experience with CamperContact. I have S4S and P4N but have rarely used them up till now. My plan is to trial them all as soon as serious travelling begins again and subscribe to whichever prove best for us.
Agree we are all different. I was a great fan of CC until the abortion of an upgrade so am willing to give it another try.
Sorry. I was reading your original post completely wrong. Pleased S4S is much better than I thought. 🤣 👍

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
I found the same thing , CC’S updated app was terrible so I started using S4S & am beginning to favour it ( I mostly do France )

Upvote 0
May 23, 2015
Weston super Mare
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 1992
Hi All

Park nights and search for sites do it for me, I mainly use search for sites these days.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
May 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
I've joined a couple of facebook groups. One is Wildcamping and I'm a bit concerned about some of the posts I'm seeing saying that many of the spots are being blocked off or council changing their policies regarding overnight stays etc.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back