Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
@Zigisla
If you'd like a free phone consultation on all the best bits of Campercontact
PM me your phone number and I'll call you to do a run through.

Campercontact IS the best on the market and the only one I use -stick with it and I'm sure you'll feel the same
What a fantastic offer. Thank you very much. I am sure that when I use it live and for the area I am in, I will become more proficient and use it more and more. If not... keep next week free;)(y)

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
You have got to be joking , the bloke who runs searchforsites wants nothing less than hanging according to some on here, all I do is try to save people money and point them in the right direction for excellent apps.
Camper contact is free isn't it? No requirement to subscribe.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
.. for @chaser .. (buy I'm sure you knew this)

Is Campercontact free to use?
Yes, the use of Campercontact.com is free for everyone. This site is made possible by the NKC (Dutch Camper Club) and also employs 15 volunteers to keep the information on the site up-to-date.

Why should I create an account?
The information on this website and within the app is accessible without account. It is therefor not necessary to create an account. However, with an account:

• you will have access to your personal dashboard.
  • you can create a list of favorites and import them in the app. (Open the app > go to Favorites > press 'Import favorites from Campercontact')
  • you can add reviews and photo's.

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Have you downloaded the maps for the countries you are going to visit. Also check that the data is up to date.
Checking data, I hadn't done at first, but did before I got the same page as every else.:rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
When mentioning alternatives to CamperContact I am surprised nobody has listed

www.campingcar-infos.com

It is French but has English option and excellent explanation of how to use all the facilities.

We use it on-line for free, but the off-line version may be a bit more expensive than others.

No need to look for certain areas - just scroll across to where you are, select type of site you are looking for and radius then hover over your approx position.

We use that as our main tool with CamperContact as back-up.

I have not tried the others mentioned yet so cannot make comparisons other than to say that of the two we use we prefer campingcar-infos. Particularly as we use Aires/Stellplatz and wildcamping exclusively.

Geoff

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Only on android there is a nice little app that has all?the Aires listed in order of distance from where you actually are in France , no frills just lists them and shows you the way to them, if you go to google play store and put in France Aires one will come up that is green that's the one costs something silly like £1.56 works compleatly off line, we have used it all over France and found Aires that are not in anything else, it's usually advertised on the water thingys on Aires.
Nothing fancy but will get you there(y)(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
IMG_0626.PNG
Only on android there is a nice little app that has all?the Aires listed in order of distance from where you actually are in France , no frills just lists them and shows you the way to them, if you go to google play store and put in France Aires one will come up that is green that's the one costs something silly like £1.56 works compleatly off line, we have used it all over France and found Aires that are not in anything else, it's usually advertised on the water thingys on Aires.
Nothing fancy but will get you there(y)(y)
This is it

jansellsbond

Free Member
Feb 24, 2016
Dawlish
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Broadway FB
Exp
since 2004
Download Maps.Me and the Campercontact POIs in kml form. Then you can search your destination offline. The pins give you enough information for a search on Campercontact where you have tons of offline gen.
(Just for the hard of spending)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
There's nothing to stop you using the web version of Campercontact on your phone - it's free to use

I just find the App more intuitive

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Download Maps.Me and the Campercontact POIs in kml form. Then you can search your destination offline. The pins give you enough information for a search on Campercontact where you have tons of offline gen.
(Just for the hard of spending)
Woah. I had no idea this was possible and I'd be really interested to learn how to do it. Can you explain the steps a little slower? :)

Edited to add that I already have maps.me and Campercontact.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back