Campercontact files: Uploaded to a Garmin unit - Can't see 'em all! (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I've recently changed my old Sat-Nag and bought a Lidl (?Aldi) Garmin Nuvi 58 LMT. Considering the price, I'm well pleased with it so far.
My question is, I've uploaded files from Campercontact but whereas the POI loader says (for example) 'You have successfully uploaded 3,500 files to your device', there ain't 3,500 ON the device; it would appear that there's no more than 25 odd for each country that I've loaded. There should be enough storage, because I've installed a 16gig card. Am I missing a trick here?

Thanks for any advice
James

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Is it only searching up to a certain distance e.g. 25 miles so only showing a few?

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Quote from the web site
NOTE! The motorhome stops will not be displayed on the map, they are only visible in a list.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Quote from the web site
NOTE! The motorhome stops will not be displayed on the map, they are only visible in a list.

That depends which sat nav you are using.The new tomtom don't show poi icons on the map but garmin etc will providing you install the relevant bmp file.I have all campercontact files showing on my copilot app.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
That depends which sat nav you are using.The new tomtom don't show poi icons on the map but garmin etc will providing you install the relevant bmp file.I have all campercontact files showing on my copilot app.
Op asked about a garmin and the website quote was for a garmin. (y) But if this not true I'll give you an informative. ;)

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Providing the bitmap (bmp file)has exactly the same name as the poi(csv file)it will show on a Garmin sat nav.If this is not true I will hang my head in shame

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back